Thread: Newbie with a boat.

Newbie with a boat.

I'm looking for persons to join me or people I can follow out. My range is Tweed to Bribie... I live in Riverhills (Brisbane).

My boat is a new 4.6 Clark Navigator with high sides and a top speed on smooth water of about 30nm.

I'm also looking for good GPS coordinates to go to. I love Snapper, Whiting and Flathead. I'm not ready to go beyond the 2nm offshore yet.
    Last edited by Andgri; 12-06-2015 at 06:37 PM. Reason: more info

Re: Newbie with a boat.

Gidday Andgri, Had any interest since this post? I have a 4.8mt PolyCraft Cuddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

Howdy,

I'm just up the road from you in Westlake and have a 4.3m tinny also looking for a fishing buddy.
    I've plenty of marks but only a little experience in the bay, happy to hook up for a beer & chat but I'm away down in Melbourne this week if that's any good to you?

Cheers
    Rick

I'm back if you're about; PM me for details as I'm free for a fish this Weekend

I'd gladly throw in fuel and supplies for a fish (I don't have a boat) I've deckied in Melbourne before, know the drill, can back a trailer and generally do as I'm told :p

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaB View Post
    I'd gladly throw in fuel and supplies for a fish (I don't have a boat) I've deckied in Melbourne before, know the drill, can back a trailer and generally do as I'm told :p
    Thanks Joshua.
    My wife and daughter also come out for day trips so I'm not allowed to get blood and guts on it
    It's brand new so I'm paranoid about scratches
    I'm terrible at reversing a trailer
    I've hit rocks in shallow water twice so no matter how good a spot is, I won't go near it if there is any risk

If you are still keen, pm me and I'll let you know next time I am going out by myself.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSkipper View Post
    Gidday Andgri, Had any interest since this post? I have a 4.8mt PolyCraft Cuddy.

Where abouts do you normally go Little Skipper?

Quote Originally Posted by Andgri View Post
    Where abouts do you normally go Little Skipper?
    Launch from our local at Deepwater Bend or up at Toorbul on the other side of Bribie. And drop into Somerset Dam from time to time.

LITTLE SKIPPER!

Launch from our local at Deepwater Bend or up at Toorbul on the other side of Bribie. And drop into Somerset Dam from time to time.

I've been doing the GC Broadwater, Bribie passage and Jumpinpin. I'm slowly gathering the courage to do a bar crossing. I hear there are spome rocks just north of Moreton that are very productive?

Quote Originally Posted by Andgri View Post
    I've been doing the GC Broadwater, Bribie passage and Jumpinpin. I'm slowly gathering the courage to do a bar crossing. I hear there are spome rocks just north of Moreton that are very productive?
    What rocks are you referring too?

LITTLE SKIPPER!

Grand day out Adgri & Will, lets keep my wee spot between us three!

That was an awesome day. Did you notice that LilSkipper has a Polycraft.

[QUOTE=LittleSkipper;1596985]What rocks are you referring too?

It's about 3k north of Moreton.

BTW, I love the Bribie area but have ony fished unsuccessfully aorund the passage. What spots are good up that way?

[QUOTE=Andgri;1597061]
    What rocks are you referring too?

It's about 3k north of Moreton.

BTW, I love the Bribie area but have ony fished unsuccessfully aorund the passage. What spots are good up that way?
    Don't think I can say there are actually any good spots but usually by the amount of boaties who congregate in, around and under the bridge or near the jetty adjacent to the Bribie Beach but anywhere your sounder will pick up fish.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    LITTLE SKIPPER!