Thread: ramp behind the mill

ramp behind the mill

Has anyone used the ramp behind the sugar mill down on the logan river near marks rocks iam wondering how safe is it for leaving your car and trailer there I know the vandals use to be bad there thanks

Re: ramp behind the mill

Was it you I was talking to at the Gem yesterday ybking? got some decent bream and a good flattie over 60 but no jew unfortunately. Car was unmolested when I got back around 9pm, just in time to hear the cows come storming home.

No mate I wasn't down at the gem yesterday thanks iam thinking about putting in there just on daylight Friday morning

Have just started using the ramp the last few times after advice from another member on Ausfish. I usually put in late arvo and head back late evening and have had no problems. Usually a few guys fishing there but they have wound up their lines for us when launching or bringing in the boat. Ramp is a bit rought so 4by4 is needed. Also some small creeks near by the ramp worth a flick for flatties and I cast for bait in them for nice mullett or prawns.

I have a 16ft glass boat and can pull it out of the ramp with a commie so while I would love the security of a 4x4, I still seem to be able to get the boat out with the rear wheel drive. Bit of rubber left on the rocks there though! Haven't had a lot of luck previously with livies there. Originally I thought with the prawn farms there it would be great as I used to fish up near Mossman prawn farm and there would be beautiful big escapee prawns in the cast net but nothing in this area. It is a little diff to get into anything under 50 in my boat so maybe that's where you're getting them and I amn't. Lady fishing there last week got a nice 55 odd flattie from the ramp when I was there over the weekend.
    One day we went down there ready to put the boat in and two idiots had put their boat in, left their cruiser ute and trailer ON THE RAMP and went off fishing. Hard to believe.

I had a look at this ramp last week, it looks a bit shallow there at low tide. I wont be using it with a falcon, but I would use it with 4wd.

There are a lot of hoons in the area at night, but this is like any ramp. You can fish there weekly for years and not have a problem, then you hear there were break ins and vandalism last week and you were lucky you werrent fishing that night. I use remote ramps at night a lot, and Ive come to realise that the only defence against vandals is insurance.
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.