Thread: Hi There - New Member

Cool Hi There - New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum and have recently joined a few to expand my knowledge and gain some handy know how from anyone willing to share.

I have a passion for light tackle and micro jigging. I am especially mad into fishing light. most of my gear is 4lb rated and i still manage to land decent fish hard up against structure, although I tend to get pricked by more than I land!

If you would like to see some of my catches please take a look at:
    https://instagram.com/clay94fishing
    And even better strike up a convo with me on my facebook page:
    https://www.facebook.com/cqfishingandboating
    I would like nothing more than to listen and learn from any fisho willing to share!

Thanks heaps,
    fish light get the bite,
    Clayton

Re: Hi There - New Member

Welcome to the team

ken

Gday there clayton, mate where abouts do you fish and what are your target species?
    Cheers andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Cods Whallup View Post
    Gday there clayton, mate where abouts do you fish and what are your target species?
    Cheers andrew
    I am based in Rockhampton in central Queensland and normally fish from bream to barra but no uncomfortable for me to head south chasing species around caloundra and northern Nsw or heading out off yeppoon to fish reef or casting lures at schools of fish.

Hi Clayton, I Had a quick look at the links you put up and your styles of fishing seem very similar to myself, even the same Ci4 reel! We had a blinder using micro jigs on cobia a couple of years back, bagging out in a morning session. I find jigging is a bit hit and miss here off Brisbane, it's one approach to try that's for sure. Off Moreton with shows of YT King on the sounder it's a sure bet to having your arms stretched. Fishing light is my lingo too mate, although it will often mean getting dusted, I still think it brings home the bacon, when using SP's especially.
    Welcome to the forum and I think it looks like you will be contributing with your vast knowledge.

Cheers
    Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Hi Clayton, I Had a quick look at the links you put up and your styles of fishing seem very similar to myself, even the same Ci4 reel! We had a blinder using micro jigs on cobia a couple of years back, bagging out in a morning session. I find jigging is a bit hit and miss here off Brisbane, it's one approach to try that's for sure. Off Moreton with shows of YT King on the sounder it's a sure bet to having your arms stretched. Fishing light is my lingo too mate, although it will often mean getting dusted, I still think it brings home the bacon, when using SP's especially.
    Welcome to the forum and I think it looks like you will be contributing with your vast knowledge.

Cheers
    Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Scalem!