Thread: Fraser

Fraser

Haven't contributed for a bit so thought I best put this up.

After waiting around for a month for weather and some type of gutter to form up after the post Anzac day beach levelling blow the stars finally aligned and the call went out to be in rainbow Tuesday am. 3 boats, 6 blokes and 4 4wd hit the sand last Tuesday for a ripper run up the beach and on to orchid with minimal fuss involved. A beach inspection tues afternoon revealed a bit of a pothole with a short gutter that was workable but would mean getting the utes a bit wet and dry loading boats on the pull out, also plenty of shore dump. Not ideal but workable with care and all part of the fraser thing. We went hard for the next 6 days and the fish pretty much chewed right through, good numbers of quality read throat, some big coronation plus jobby's etc. Also the obligatory tuskies in plague numbers. Spanish were also going hard and a couple of reds in the box. Great week had with no dramas and all back home following tuesday safely with nothing busted. Fished from the maheno to breaksea and all areas in between.

Scott

Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0520 (2).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.5 KB 
ID:	109244   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0525[1].jpg 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	109245   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0537[1].jpg 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	109246  

Re: Fraser

Awesome. Must say one of my most favourite fishin trips ever was towin a boat up to the toyota fishin comp and fishing the gardeners reef. Awesome part of the world

Love your Fraser reports mate. Just wondering how long of a draw bar extension you are running? I hate the idea of getting the car wet.

Cheers
    Craig

Craig, our setups give us about a neat 2m between the trailer coupling and the tow ball. Any longer with 6m plus rigs I recon you start to get into some serious steel work to get around the flex and forces at play. 2m works fine and normally just sees some wash around the tyres when there is a decent gutter to work with. This being said getting the vehicle a bit wet is going to happen at some point given state of tides etc, a bit of salt water on the 4wd is part of the territory. Really the whole fraser thing is pretty hard on gear but that's all part of the fun I recon.

Another successfull trip for you. I was up there just after you ( week leading up to Mothers day ) , not fishing, just family / social thing for a week staying at Eurong with the weather and seas being bloody perfect. Thinking ................. why didn't I bring the boat hahaha

Good looking RTE's in the box and a nice Moari....

Thanks for the report and photos

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Thanks for the info. Sick of sitting on the beach up there watching everyone else's boats go by! I'll get mine up there one day.

Cheers
    Craig