Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 day trip

1770 day trip

Went to 1770 for a quick day trip with Bull, was a good day out on the water with not many fish but very happy to get 2 reds and a PB red for me. Ended up with a few good PP, cod and 2 reds.
    Thanks to Bull, Terry and Graeme for the trip. Looking forward to September...
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1433055280151.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	109226   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1433153513841.jpg 
Size:	31.9 KB 
ID:	109227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20150601_083016.jpg 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	109228  
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Re: 1770 day trip

That boat seems to be sitting low in the water!

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    That boat seems to be sitting low in the water!
    Cause it catches fish, unlike yours!

Well done feels and big effort for a day trip... insanity or a mad addiction but either way big effort and well done. Were you guys on the radio??? 82??

I called you a couple of times in the arvo on 82 but we got no response and thought you might have been back at the shed

Keith I think you were tooooo busy catching half the ocean to talk to us....lol. thanks for letting us stay at your place ,you have an awesome setup there..
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

You guys are more than welcome. Pitty you wernt there on Monday night for a beer.
    next time ..

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    I called you a couple of times in the arvo on 82 but we got no response and thought you might have been back at the shed
    I think there was some kind of interference on the radios up there. I could get people, but only very patchy with the majority of the time silence. Lance reported the same issue. I tried calling people in at Fitzroy as well to no avail. I also know it is not my radio as it worked fine 20 or 30 ks from Roundhill.

Jullian I was west of Broomfield and could talk to round hill no worries but couldn't get anyone else.

We couldnt get anyone for 3 days.
    We called Julian and Keith many times as well as Round Hill and Gladstone chasing a weather update on that approaching front that was due Monday evening.
    We finally got Round Hill on Monday arvo when we were about 40k from the bar
    It sounds like a few boats had radio issues for what ever reason.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Jullian I was west of Broomfield and could talk to round hill no worries but couldn't get anyone else.
    Maybe they just didn't want to answer you.. LOL

Just saying................

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Keith what VHF radio and antenna you got on your boat ? I have also had issues up that way with my radio but here around the cape no issues talking to people as far up as Mooloolaba from the Cape.
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

I dont think it was a radio issue, I normally have no trouble getting a hold of someone whether it be Round Hill, Gladstone or Rocky up there but did this time. I wouldnt go buying new gear based on the radio hassles of recent weeks imho.

I think your right Shane. i could reach round hill but no one else.

Last weekend seems to be the bermuda triangle of marine radios.
    It could have possibly been an issue with the repeater station.