Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Moejoes - Looking For Potential Decky

Moejoes - Looking For Potential Decky

Hi All,
    Due to my previous decky just about to buy his own new boat & being un available for a while, the time has come to put my feelers out.
    Preferably:
    Looking for someone who is keen to do max. up to 2 overnighters / 3 days off shore, on average 10 trips a year.
    Can take off a Friday or Monday at short notice.
    Willing to chip in for trip costs.
    Knows how to tie a knot & has own gear.
    Doesn't get seasick & preferably lives Northside Brisbane.
    Can park car & large trailer without taking out everything when turning.
    Cannot be an ex "Giddy Up" crew member as I don't want to hear I stole his crew......... again.........( Sorry Keithstar )
    And most of all, can put up with me.
    PM me if interested.

Cheers Rob.

Re: Moejoes - Looking For Potential Decky

dont cross me off the list just yet.....no boat in my drive way that i can see......

PS you should of started with .....CAN PUT UP WITH ME..... LOL
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

That's funny mate....I just spat my coffee over the keyboard..loved the end bit,cant wait for him to bite..

I can feel it coming............

Don't forget Rob,you'll need to do extra training in how to secure your tub to the trailer once out of the water

What boat do you have Rob?

Take out an add on Gumtree it should go something like this...

Wanted.... A friend

must be able to put up with a stuborn fook , be prepared to be frustrated for minimum 3 days ten times a year!!!!

I only fish with electric reels so must also have a strong finger.. Pressing that reel button for 30 days a year can take a big toll on the finger😈

Must like sharing a cabin with one of the worst farters and snorers on the planet

And most importantly CANNOT throw a parachute correctly... The shute must always be thrown after we drift past the spot and must be thrown in a tangle... If you can do all the above and will be my buddy please send me a private message.

lol

honestley guys Rob is one of the nicest blokes you could ever meet. He does frustrate me to death but he does it intentionally.. A trip with Rob is up there for anyone who rates catching quality reef fish and having a great few days away. He always does well, puts on a great feed, and all round good company. If your seriously looking for a good guy to jump on with and keen to learn how to fill the box ( if you don't know already) then big Boy Bobbys the guy.

As for stealing Mic rob.... He's yours. I might borrow him of you one day😜 and just for the record.... Mic was your skipper not your crew👿

Got the popcorn ready,this is going to be a good one.

Mate, I am hooked on electrics after watching the Master using 2 at a time, like a man possessed, jumping from one to the other, dragging up double headers, throwing them in the tub, but while dehooking, hits the next one, so by the time he has got the fish in the tub, he's rebaited & dropped just as the other one hits the deck with another double header.

I felt sorry for him at one time though, as he was in the middle of a frenzy dragging fish on board, and me being the mechanical idiot I am, did a drop but wasn't watching the depth reading, so it hit the bottom & over spooled. I used the manual handle to take up the slack & next thing I am on So I hit what I think is the retrieve button, but nothing?? Oh well, hit another & see what that does? No, nothing, so lets hit a few in combo, as that'll fix it surely!! Thought I got a preprogrammed jigging program going for a bit , but no, it stopped too. Oh Rob.................

Well, he got me going upward, but as he crossed back to his side of the deck, I am sure I heard a comment under his breath that I have got fingers that could f*** anything?? Not sure what he meant about that??

It was a beautiful sight to behold, a 13.5kg red hitting the deck I would have struggled reeling him in as the day before, I was showing one of my workers who had just knicked his finger using secateurs to cut some irrigation pipe how to do it safely. I grabbed them & said"thats not how you do it, this is", when I slipped & opened up a vein on my hand. Glad I wasn't on the water, as the amount of blood coming out would have brought the sharks in big time!! 3 stitches later & a heavily bandaged hand, I am off to 1770.

I think I heard the fingers comment again a bit later when I was rearranging the esky to fit the big girl in, as I was using his mini gaff to lip the fish & restack them, but when I grabbed my red, the gaff broke off in his mouth This angry face DEFINITELY was how Rob looked.

And he's parachute throwing skills have improved remarkably, pulling us up perfectly every time on the spot

And you are right about him getting you on the fish & getting your bag, as I am still filleting this morning, having spent a chunk of yesterday doing the same

You guys are so funny
    Have to admit 80% of our fish were caught using electrics. So your comment Keith having a strong finger is correct

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    What boat do you have Rob?
    Hey Marto
    8 meter platey with twins

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    dont cross me off the list just yet.....no boat in my drive way that i can see......

Don't panic Mick.
    No mutiny here. Your always welcome.
    I just need more options as not always can a deckie be available.

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post

Don't panic Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Hey Marto
    8 meter platey with twins
    Thats about 3 metres bigger than my boat and twice as many motors, I'll send you some details Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Don't panic Mick.
    Oh by the way...............
    Definitely no tourist pics whilst the fish are on the chew

[QUOTE=Back In Black;1589875]Mate, I am hooked on electrics after watching the Master using 2 at a time, like a man possessed, jumping from one to the other, dragging up double headers, throwing them in the tub, but while dehooking, hits the next one, so by the time he has got the fish in the tub, he's rebaited & dropped just as the other one hits the deck with another double header.

All good Tony,
    You done well considering.......................................
    That red ( The real red meat, Not the other.... Even tho you were great at foul hooking Hussar ) was the unluckiest fish around, should be still alive swimming around on the ocean floor from the chain of events I seen happen
    I do recall saying you had intercourse fingers tho LOL
    Double electric reel fishing is hard work ( As you seen first hand ) especially when you're the only one pulling up all the fish!!!
    You did somehow manage to pull up some good fish tho......
    Cheers Rob