Thread: Success Double Island

Success Double Island

Finally got some good enough weather to shoot across the wide bay bar and bottom bash the shelf. Bar was the flattest ive seen it even though we only had 20m visibilty due to bloody fog. Once out headed 38mile due east to some marks we fished last year. Nothing at all on these marks so we trolled around for an hr or so and found uluru underwater haha. Rose up from 110m -85 and was a km wide and 3km long. The current was terrible and struggled to hold bottom with 1.5kg weights. Got a few pickers and small squire. As the day went on the current near on stopped and was a glass out. The fish started to come on. Got a couple of good cod. Some ripper pearlies. Some amberjack about 8kg. A few tuskies and parrot in the mix. Then on the second last drop of the day we had a triple hook up on big rosy jobfish.. with the box looking very full we made the long treck home and crossed the bar which was like a lake. Never felt so safe on that bar before.

Cheers all. Brentuploadfromtaptalk1433146409626.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146422811.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146430557.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146438482.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146445540.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146453324.jpguploadfromtaptalk1433146469811.jpg

A lil vid.

Re: Success Double Island

There are some nice fish there I was out there Saturday also if only we could get weather like that more often.

Was bloody brilliant weather. Loved it

Is that the guy from the Hangover!

Haha, nice catch there, we'll done

Hahahahaha ill tell him you said that. Cheers mate

Well done. How are the wft reels going?

Quote Originally Posted by perko View Post
    Well done. How are the wft reels going?
    I love it aye. No dramas thus far. Except when i got a snag on saturday and while tryna break the 150lb braid got my finger jammed and had to cut off 200m of line hahaha.

Nice work guys, some pretty good looking conditions and great fish.

The fish in picture 5 appears to be an Almaco Jack (Seriola rivoliana), not a real common capture and the biggest one I have seen.

Keep it up.

Cheers
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
    Nice work guys, some pretty good looking conditions and great fish.

The fish in picture 5 appears to be an Almaco Jack (Seriola rivoliana), not a real common capture and the biggest one I have seen.

Keep it up.

Cheers
    Dave
    Thought it was just an amberjack or sambo. First one that size ive got