Thread: Gold Coastin' Mixed Bag

Gold Coastin' Mixed Bag

It was a dark and foggy morning (30/5/15), up at 3am to be at the father in-laws to head off down the gold coast for sun up out at the 35's.

First time offshore at the GC, a lot of traffic on the seaway even at 5 in the morning, meet up with a friend before crossing out into awesome conditions. As we both have not fished out there he was good enough to take us to a few of his marks, to start us of, plenty on the sounder but a pretty quiet start to the day.

Things picked up as the sun came up a bit higher, we were drifting, just bottom bashing and i gave one of the snapper flasher rigs a go for the first time, worked bloody well for me!

So i got a few firsts and a few PB's (nothing huge but still PB's), First Pearly & Kingy as well my biggest tusk fish at 43cm. All the keepers were caught on the flasher (also a double hook up on undersized pearlies rig bar the pearly (bait on circle).

All in all i took home a Kingy, Pearly, Squire and 2 tuskies (gifted to the skipper as he only caught 1 red gurnard?).

Nice trip, need to get a epirb so i can head out in my own machine.

Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	View.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	67.5 KB 
ID:	109117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mixed.jpg 
Size:	99.9 KB 
ID:	109116   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	King.jpg 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	109115