Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Outboard

New Outboard

Hi
    I am looking at upgrading my 2 stroke 30 HP Mercury engine with a 4 stroke engine. I have been looking around and am looking at getting the 30 HP Honda (BF30 LHGD). Was wondering if any one owns one and what they think of them. They are much cheaper then Yamaha and Mercury and seem to offer the same features and Spec are similar.

Any thoughts would be great.

Troy

Re: New Outboard

Its a Honda... nothing more to say, buy with confidence.

I love honda too. Just make sure you are happy with the weight as they are generally more heavier than other's in the same category.

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic Dave View Post
    I love honda too. Just make sure you are happy with the weight as they are generally more heavier than other's in the same category.
    Maybe once that was the case but it pays to look at the specs rather than word of mouth.
    Honda 30hp 72.5kg
    Suzuki 30hp 72kg
    Mercury 30hp 78kg
    Yamaha 30hp 98-104kg
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

If those where my options the Honda would win every time , they make great 4 stroke motors from whippersnippers to car engines and out boards . Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

that's impossible, a Yamaha last in something? never been heard of, Yamahardness wins everything, never been known for one to break down, or use petrol, or need attention.....

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Maybe once that was the case but it pays to look at the specs rather than word of mouth.
    Honda 30hp 72.5kg
    Suzuki 30hp 72kg
    Mercury 30hp 78kg
    Yamaha 30hp 98-104kg

in a 115hp they weigh in at 217kg compared to mercury's 163kg

You might find yourself very disappointed if one pays only attention to weight only, first whenever relating to a previous 2 stroke fitment define a mid line/sensible average between CC, number of cylinders, weight and price. otherwise a dog might sit on the back for a very long time even if a new 4stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by creat View Post
    in a 115hp they weigh in at 217kg compared to mercury's 163kg
    And a Paddle Pop is $1.40 has about the same relevance as the weight of a 115 HP when he wants to buy a 30....

Your killing me Noelm.
    Darren

Thanks for the replies.

Weight is not the main factor i was looking at between the different brands. Price was the biggest as well as reliability. Just want to make sure there was no big problems that people might have had with them

nope, no problems, buy the Honda and go boating.

Quote Originally Posted by ozynorts View Post
    Honda 30hp 72.5kg
    Suzuki 30hp 72kg
    Mercury 30hp 78kg
    Yamaha 30hp 98-104kg
    Yes true, I was about to check actually! Thanks for the update. I was looking at the higher HP range and Honda was always last on the scale that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    And a Paddle Pop is $1.40 has about the same relevance as the weight of a 115 HP when he wants to buy a 30....
    $7.36 for a pack of 10 Rainbow flavour at Coles at the moment Noel. Bargain.

Troy, buy the Honda but get used to peeing out of the boat all the time if you are a troller. All you can hear is the bloody water tell tale running.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

"All you can hear is the bloody water tell tale running." That's because Hondas are sooooo quiet!!!!!!