My mate invited me for a fish out of mooloolaba sat arvo. So armed with some frozen squid, pillies and chicken pellets for burley we headed out to murphys. We were in the water around 3pm and had a good run out at about 25-30 knots.
We only had a couple of marks to go off as hes just upgraded the sounder and we havent transfered them yet so we sounded around for about 20 mins and marked a couple of patches in 35-40m of water.
i dropped a paternoster rig down with half a pillie on each hook, while my mate had a snelled squid with a pillie inside.
We both missed a few good fish and lost a couple of rigs.
At about 430pm the fish started biting and i pulled in moses perch, perlys, trevally, red cod looking thing, a few giant goldfish looking things that i thought might be a nanagai. my mate got a couple of moses perch, spangled emporer and a snapper.
however there was no decent sized fish.

there was heaps of boats out there and there were mixed reports on what people were catching on the vhf. we did see a boat nearby bring in a big snapper just after we anchored but we didnt see him get any more over the next 3 hours.
as soon the sun went down things seemed to shut down.

We ended up with 5 moses perch, pearly, spangled emprorer and two trevallys. no pictures unfortunately.
it was a great day out though as there was hardly any wind or swell. the wind picked up a bit on the way back at about 8-830 though.