Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Even quicker 1770 trip

Even quicker 1770 trip

Got a call from Keith (Bannana) last Tuesday asking if I could get away for a trip to 1770 that afternoon with Jason (soulfish) and Mick (Kaypee). Well by 5.00pm we were loading my gear into his ute and under way. A good trip up and a bit of boat prep seen us soon having a few cold ales and turning in a bit earlier than last trip(thanks Dick). Mick had made the trip down through the night and was parked having a camp when we woke. So we were soon on our way via the servo for fuel and bakery for pies and sausage rolls.

Keith headed North to find some new ground around areas he had got reds, nanny's and goldbands before. Well it was soon apparent that fishing this part of the moon was going to be tough was hard to find fish that wanted to chew. Now at this point I better say Mick and I we getting a bit of a lesson from Keith and Jason much to their enjoyment. Mick and i did eventually get on the board but it did take a while and made for some good ribbing from Keith and Jason.

Keith picked up a 13kg nanny that was the biggest I've seen and the stand out fish in my opinion. With a nice mixed bag of Reds, Nanny's, Goldbands and the other normal mixture of fish we headed off for Fitzroy just before dark. Settled in and heated up some steaks Keith's wife had precooked and made burgers for tea washed down by a few more coldies.

With glassed out conditions in the morning we headed to spot not to far from Fitzroy for the hope of a better bite on sunup and some trout. Heated some bacon and egg Wraps and pies for breakfast. Headed back to the shallows around Fitzroy for some more Trout but fishing still tough so packed it in around 10.45am for the short trip back to 1770. Well at least it felt short with the speed Giddy Up travels at.

48 hours after being picked up from my place I was being dropped back off having had another great trip with an excellent bunch of guys. Was really great to have a fish with you Jason and Mick and thanks once again Keith for the invite, absolute champion.

Cheers Gaven
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0602.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	109023   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0609.jpg 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	109024   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0611.jpg 
Size:	60.8 KB 
ID:	109025   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0612.jpg 
Size:	79.9 KB 
ID:	109026   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0614.jpg 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	109027  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0608.jpg 
Size:	81.8 KB 
ID:	109029   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0604.jpg 
Size:	71.1 KB 
ID:	109031   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0606.jpg 
Size:	59.9 KB 
ID:	109034   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0615.jpg 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	109035  

Re: Even quicker 1770 trip

Awesome trip boys, taking a mate up this weekend and going to do a few km up to some ground I found on my first trip up there in aug/sep last year and search all around the area and see what I can find. Got some new rigs to test for a mate so that will be interesting and also taking two electrics to try out for something new to me so I'm keen to see what we can come up with on them.

Oh and if you ever need a deckie for a trip Banana I can normally go at short notice as I'm not governed by work only by the wife and kids as I'm the boss.......actually scratch that, she is

So jealous when I see threads of you guys up there, especially Keith with all those good quality fish up there. Well done guys.
    Cheers, Doug.
    Love to use Preditek or Kingfisher lures or Viva Lures when I am out fishing.

Keith you need someone that can take your picture mate lmfao

Thanks for the trip BoxHead much apprecietad,a very slow trip but at the end the box had some good fish in it...Likewise Gav,you are more than welcome to jump onboard my tub anytime keith dosent have a spot.(sounds like your a regular Giddy Up starter).
    Good to meet you Mick was good to have a few laughs ...I swear I didn't intentionally start whistling I'M ON FIRE to stir you up mate...lol....You have to know how keiths mind works (I'm glad Its him in there & not me)...how can whistling I'M ON FIRE whilst winding in a nice trout relate to a text message you sent him days earlier...Got me stuffed!!

Good effort boys as normal!

Not bad for a day trip. Well done guys 👍👍

Blog Entries

very jealous

Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by soulfish View Post
    Thanks for the trip BoxHead much apprecietad,a very slow trip but at the end the box had some good fish in it...Likewise Gav,you are more than welcome to jump onboard my tub anytime keith dosent have a spot.(sounds like your a regular Giddy Up starter).
    Good to meet you Mick was good to have a few laughs ...I swear I didn't intentionally start whistling I'M ON FIRE to stir you up mate...lol....You have to know how keiths mind works (I'm glad Its him in there & not me)...how can whistling I'M ON FIRE whilst winding in a nice trout relate to a text message you sent him days earlier...Got me stuffed!!

Lets just clarify that you started whistling yes when you hooked up but it was also straight after Mic had been busted a couple of times...lol

It was funny for Mick who did say that prior to the trip he was on fire and could catch a red in a bath tub at the moment..... I'm glad he caught a 12kg red to redeem himself in the end and even happier that he liked the banter. I'm expecting a spray from him next time if he's giving me a dust up (might want to rethink that venom first) but hey that's what makes the trips good.

Nice report Gav,

Always good to have you on board mate. It was a slow trip but we found some really worthwhile spots for next time. I learnt a fair bit again trying different rigs and hooks and listening to you guys. I was really impressed with the hooks I bought from Sean at PE Tackle. About 90% cheaper than the Gamagatsu so I'll keep trying them out over the next few trips and see how they go... so far so good.

Gav thanks for jumping on with no notice and being so easy going.

Jason thanks for catching fish. Your bottom lip and Mick's would of been too much on the same day to handle . I much prefer listening to you whistle all day. Also thanks heaps for keeping the boat spotless as always, throwing the Shute all day without whinging, getting enough bait out for everyone in-between drifts and everything else that you always do so selflessly. That's why id fish with you over anyone (hint hint *&^). Thanks again.

Mick, Absolute champion effort to drive down and head out 100k's offshore with no sleep for 36hrs. It was a pleasure to have you on board with your venom...lol and I thank you for being such a good sport with the banter and coming down for a fish. Sorry mate they didn't chew but hey mate there's always next time.

Jason thanks for catching fish. Your bottom lip and Mick's would of been too much on the same day to handle . I much prefer listening to you whistle all day. Also thanks heaps for keeping the boat spotless as always, throwing the Shute all day without whinging, getting enough bait out for everyone in-between drifts and everything else that you always do so selflessly. That's why id fish with you over anyone (hint hint *&^). Thanks again.

Great effort boys.
    Hahahhaa, Keith I always got the "hint hint" well over 12 months ago

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post

Great effort boys.
    Hahahhaa, Keith I always got the "hint hint" well over 12 months ago
    yeah I know... Lol

Cheers again Keith, glad to finally meet you. Even though fishing was slow and I felt like I was having a shocker, I had a ball. Great crew with Jason and Gav and some good fish boated.
    I took a lot away from fishing with you guys, def know your stuff and good to fish with lads as passionate about fishing as I am.

The boat.. Wow.. 2nd to none as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure everyone I've been speaking to is getting fed up with me praising the boat!!

Hopefully that (hint hint) wasn't a dig, as I would normally be the first person to lead the way for Deckie duties but felt like I better take a bit of a back seat and see what the rules are first. But I agree, Jason was like part of the furniture, and knows you and the boat all too well.. His impressions were classic!!
    i knew it would be a good trip with good company about 10secs in and I get stitched into rubbishing Gavs boat... Haha
    Cheers again, hope to join again anytime and hope to take you guys out up our way one day soon.
    Mick

Bloody good fish there blokes and Iam happy to hear the hooks did the job mate, Hope to catch up with you again soon Keith.
    Welldone once again
    Sean

Quote Originally Posted by kaypee View Post
    Cheers again Keith, glad to finally meet you. Even though fishing was slow and I felt like I was having a shocker, I had a ball. Great crew with Jason and Gav and some good fish boated.
    I took a lot away from fishing with you guys, def know your stuff and good to fish with lads as passionate about fishing as I am.

The boat.. Wow.. 2nd to none as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure everyone I've been speaking to is getting fed up with me praising the boat!!

Hopefully that (hint hint) wasn't a dig, as I would normally be the first person to lead the way for Deckie duties but felt like I better take a bit of a back seat and see what the rules are first. But I agree, Jason was like part of the furniture, and knows you and the boat all too well.. His impressions were classic!!
    i knew it would be a good trip with good company about 10secs in and I get stitched into rubbishing Gavs boat... Haha
    Cheers again, hope to join again anytime and hope to take you guys out up our way one day soon.
    Mick
    Cheers for the kind words mate. Yeah we love to shit stir each other and yes the hint hint was for Rob not you mate. i knew we would get on well after I seen you continually rib JT. I had to turn the music up on the way out to sound out Jason from hanging shit on me for the two hr trip out. Without banter it would be a boring trip. Looking forward to doing it again soon