Thread: Gold Coast Inshore Snapper plus some Jew, Moses Perch, Flathead and Bream

Gold Coast Inshore Snapper plus some Jew, Moses Perch, Flathead and Bream

Took the little fella out on Saturday and found it hard to get out of the wind. Tucked in behind Sovereign Island on a little hole with some structure. Just using small live herring on light gear we quickly had a stream of undersize Moses Perch all 22-24cm coming in with the odd decent Bream. Got bricked a few times probably cod. Decided to cast away from the hole and got smashed by a good fish that took 20m of line before the hook pulled. Rebaited and cast straight back, Handed the rod to the little fella and was on. Seems he has a bit more luck than me and managed to land a nice 41cm Squire that gave him a good fight. Dropped another good Squire and continued to catch the Moses Perch when just as I was about to lift one out of the water a brown shape emerged behind it. It was a Flathead that would have given the meter mark a nudge but couldn't get it to eat the Moses Perch. A little while later the little fella was on again and lands a good 65cm Flathead. Had to call it a day after that as we ran out of Herring.

On Sunday I got a leave pass and headed out for a quick Seaway session early. Only had 3 live Pike but that was enough as it turns out. The tide was changing and the drift was slow so I put out a Pike and cast around a plastic at the same time. First drift the Pike gets nailed and up comes a little Jew. Thought it looked close to legal but not to be, it was 74cm and released. Next drift Pike gets nailed again and screams off. Thought at first it would be a good Jew but then it had more solid kicks. Very happy when 80+cm of Snapper pops up and actually wasn't surprised as the little fella got the 65cm the week before. Happy with that I called it a morning and didn't even use the 3rd Pike. Not bad for 1.5 hours fishing.

Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Snapper.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	109018   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fynn Flatty.jpg 
Size:	18.1 KB 
ID:	109017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1381.jpg 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	109016   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jew.jpg 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	109019  

Re: Gold Coast Inshore Snapper plus some Jew, Moses Perch, Flathead and Bream

Awesome stuff

what an awesome couple of sessions great stuff !
    Dad reckons fishing is 10% brains and 95% muscle, the rest is just good luck.

Loved reading your report - Well done Fynn :-)

I never even knew there were snapper like that in the seaway!!

May I ask where / how did you get your Pike?

Keep up the good work!!

Brad :-)

what size pike do you use, and do you use them whole?

Well done mate that's what it is all about out with the young bloke then off for a quiet session yourself......Awesome
    LOVIN THE GOOD TIMES FAMILY AND FRIENDS LOVE THE SPORT TIGHT LINES PEOPLE.....

Fynn's last Snapper got a run on 9 News and he so pleased with himself. The Pike I get casting small lures around the weed beds. Just about all the weed beds in the broadwater have them at times. I just keep moving till I find a school which can be hard at times, like Sunday morning. The Pike were on the small side about 22-23cm but normally up to 35cm is better for the bigger fish.

Another spot for the Pike is on the run in at southport bridge, of a night, on the leeward side of the pilons. I use small soft plastics, already weighted with a small set of trebs hangin off the back. Throw against the tide, let it sink till it hits the bottom right beside or just after the pilons and wind in, just at a medium pace... usually all good size one from there..

Who's becoming quite the TV personality... on 9 again last night....

Haha, Yeh Luke likes to use some of my footage.