Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New oil tank for Yamaha 115

Re: New oil tank for Yamaha 115

I found that ebay one but havent recieved a reply from the vendor re postage. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

It is a genuine part that will need to be purchased from a dealer,whats the problem with having to fork out about $130 for a part that will probaly last another 18 years,parts are cheaper from os because they are a bigger consumer than us,buggered if i would be waiting a couple of weeks to save about $50,how much does it cost you to fill your boat with fuel ?

Haha...you are assuming that i get out in it as often as i would like!!

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Hole Shot View Post
    It is a genuine part that will need to be purchased from a dealer,whats the problem with having to fork out about $130 for a part that will probaly last another 18 years,parts are cheaper from os because they are a bigger consumer than us,buggered if i would be waiting a couple of weeks to save about $50,how much does it cost you to fill your boat with fuel ?

Got to think outside the square Hole Shot. Can purchase a heap of other service items whilst buying the tank and make it really worthwhile.
    Whats a couple of weeks ?. If really desperate for a run then hook it up to some pre mix portable tanks, No biggy.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Ok local Yammy dealer has never seen a broken one and has never sold one...and it is the same tank for all v6 and v6 for eons. $135 ex Japan . Mine might have copped a blow at some point. So he reckons (to his credit) get one from a wreckers. Wreckers have heaps $50 so I will do that. Got to love honest parts guys.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep all in. Easy to change. Thoroughly washed out the replacement one. The guy that owns the outboard wreckers told me what I already knew...fantastic motor those Yammy v4' 2 strokes. That what he runs too but from a wrecker of all makes. I love doing my own work on this motor. Cheers

Before you know it you will be doing a Gazza and making a living repairing these things or white ones more to the point LOL.

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Haha...would be a nice change from my day job..
    Cheers