Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1770 / Agnes June/July school holidays

1770 / Agnes June/July school holidays

Hi all

I'm heading to Agnes Water and 1770 from 27 June for 8 nights. Never been there before, so keen if anybody is else heading up that way, catching up and even heading out together for some safety in numbers. Willing to head as far a Fitzroy if with somebody else.

Have searched the forum and will certainly be dropping into the local tackle shop but any advice or areas people would like to share for 1770 in June/July would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mark

Re: 1770 / Agnes June/July school holidays

I just want to say that I love your name Gumby III! I had a boat that was named Gumby 1! Lol
    re 1770, have a great time! What sort of boat do you have?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Thanks FisHard.

Boat is a Barcrusher 640C. Have only had it about 6 weeks, so keen to stretch its legs which I have not really done yet. I have had the motor serviced and everything is good, but another reason for safety in numbers if somebody else is heading out.

I hope to tick off at least 2 of your 2015 wish list on the trip, catching a legal red, only have one so far this year and it was so far undersized I did not even bother to measure it and more family boat, but I'm starting from a fairly low base on this one.

Cheers

Mark

You'll have a ball in the Barcrusher! Have a good read of all the 1770/Fitzroy/Musgrave posts on here and that will give you a good idea to get you started. It's a fantastic place!

Just a point too mate, there is only a 5km difference from the land to Musgrave and from land to Fitzroy so keep that in mind. By that I mean it really isn't much further to go to get to there.
    Are you planning day trips or overnighters?
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Probably planning mainly day trips. Going up to Agnes with my parents who are both in their seventies and my 2 kids who are 5 and 3. My Dad will come out with me and we can leave the kids with Mum when we are going that far out, but I think they might be too much for her for an overnighter. The 3yo especially is a full on little boy. i took him shopping yesterday and he was literately bounding off the walls. Might save the overnighters for getting a mate or 2 together and go up for a 4 day weekend!

I'm also keen to do a few days in the creek or maybe go up into Pancake chasing whiting as if I don't I will be in a lot of trouble with the kids.

Sounds good mate. A family day trip up to Pancake is always good fun. If you go on an incoming tide you can take the boat in close to shore and the kids and family can have a blast on the sand.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

I live up here mate and have a few marks now you may be interested in. I also have a four year old so know all the playgrounds and associated pastimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At time of writing we are still getting mackerel of various persuasions....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    I just want to say that I love your name Gumby III! I had a boat that was named Gumby 1! Lol
    re 1770, have a great time! What sort of boat do you have?
    So it was named after yourself?

Absolutely! Have you met my mate, pokey?

The forecast for the first week of the school holidays is looking pretty good. It does not have 1770 but does have Gladstone on the 14 day forecast.

http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/...-Forecast.aspx

Bundaberg does not look as good, but still not too bad...

http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/...-Forecast.aspx

You are still a fair way out for the holidays to be looking at forecasts.

I will put up one closer to the date.

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Don't forget about the quality fish in close if your planning day trips mate. 35k's is plenty. No need to go all the way out to the exposed reefs if just chasing some quality reefies and a nice mixed bag.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    You are still a fair way out for the holidays to be looking at forecasts.
    Agree it is a long way out to be looking at forecast as it could change so much between now and then, but can't help myself as getting a little bit excited!

Phill, I remember you seeing a thread where you posted the weather sources you normally use for 1770, but can't find it again. From memory, on was buoyweather.com, but can't remember the others?