Thread: Nissan patrol

Nissan patrol

I am looking at 2002 patrol, turbo diesel, turbo timer?, Bull bar few other extras ,with 185000k's on the clock.

Does anyone have one that could give me some info.

What are good and bad features and fuel economy?

they wanted $18500, now down to $16500.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
    greg

Re: Nissan patrol

4.2 or 3.0.........

4.2 are good..........3.0 are bad especially that vintage......very well known the 3.0 had issues.
    Google search will help.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Its a 3 lt Dan.
    i think i will leave it alone

cheers
    greg

Greg

GQ 4.2 ie TD42 if thats what you are looking at are actually growing in value especially if they are low km vehicle in original unmodified non off road beaten units.

185 Km is fairly low for the years but you would want to get a bit of a handle on the history if you can. What turbo is on it? What boost is it running. guessing it may be a non genuine turbo which is fine. I fitted mine to my GQ back in the early 90's and its still going strong.

Where is it located?

Cheers
    Chimo

2002 would be a GU.......GQ ended in 97 from memory.......

Dan5

You are correct, wishful thinking on my part that it was a 4.2.

After a little searching it looks like 2002 GU is a 3 in which case if it were me I'd walk away.............

Cheers
    Chimo

Thanks fellas.
    this is great site.

cheers
    greg

Greg

Not sure what your exactly looking for but my mechanic is at present building / balancing / preening up a 4.2 motor that will rev to 6k + to drop into a GU he bought with a blown motor. He may have his old GQ 4.2 turbo etc etc on the market eventually if that could be of interest. I have driven it and it goes very well so would probably be worth looking at if it was the sort of thing you were after.

Cheers
    Chimo

You could still get the 4.2td in a GU up until around 2005.......they are the ones everyone thinks are worth the money......

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    You could still get the 4.2td in a GU up until around 2005.......they are the ones everyone thinks are worth the money......
    They still had the 4.2 in 2006 but I think that was then end of them. Our's started life as a 2006 4.2 wagon and had now been converted to a dual cab. Absolutely love it and have never had a problem with it. I do have to admit it is a bit of a slug but don't think it will ever stop!