Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Hilux

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

Re: New Hilux

That's some funnypics you've posted there andy, yes they are seriously overloaded and let's face it it's not just Thailand that does it. I've had utes here in qld come in for repair used by tradies in situations where light trucks would be struggling to take the load with safety.

lets be realistic about drums, certainly ain't going to make a blind bit of difference to the performance in those situations now is it? None of these vehicles we are discussing are high performance race cars.

now seeing as I don't know Thailand very well, wtf? I thought the post was about hilux, ranger bt50 etc all commenting the crime of using drums on the back. My example was just to show whether lightly loading or grossly overloaded, trying to force technology on people instead of some training/education Is a waste of time and money. Put all the regs and high tech you want but at some stage people have got to realise it comes down to their own responsibility.

lets not get started on how they overload motorbikes and shock horror some of them have drums front and back omg! How do they ever stop?

Good luck with your drum fetish, I think I will let it go.
    cheers swanie

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sorry but my post is short, but this is a fact some days we have to back the Hilux out to get at the 80 series thats parked next to the 60 series which is parked next to the 105 so it all Toyota at my place and has been since 1980 the first 60 series ever to hit the road.

Ausfish Silver Member Swanie1975's Avatar

Nice collection gr hilly, but don't tell me they have drum brakes on them or else you're doomed haha

got any pics, be impressive to see all lined up

cheers Ryan