Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Used 4WD

Re: Used 4WD

Oh and sleep in the back and save on camper money abd spend that on fuel...problem solvered...

Mate I have had a few dual cab 4wd Utes supplied by work in the last few years. Have had an 09 ranger auto, 2012 Navara D40 petrol v6, 2013 D22 Navara 2.5 and my current one is a triton. The ranger was great, the petrol Navara was pretty good but ground clearance was an issue, the D22 was the most gutless vehicle I have ever driven and the triton is not too bad. I ended up buying an older Bt50/ranger for my mrs based on my findings from previous ranger and have not been disappointed.

Hey mad, i like what u said. I have actually had a look. All shit out there at the moment.

Just dont know where to go at the moment. I will just keep looking

Been having a look at second hand Mitsubishi Challengers of late. Have you looked at them? Researched a small amount with favourable reports, but haven't heard any personal reports yet.
    Cheers.

What about NP Pajero 3.2 lt diesel, seats 7 tows 2.5 t ,auto which is great.I tow an old 5.7 m Cruisecraft with mine and does it easy, no known problems for this model car.My mechanic just serviced one with 800,000 ks on the clock.Much nicer to drive than a ute.

challengers are pretty good for the coin, mate of dads had a stock one in the 4WD club and old man reckons it went really well

Hey Greg. I've had my 2010 BT50 dual can on the market for $22k for a couple of weeks now. I'd happily take $20 k though. It's automatic, 98000km and has full service history. Great condition. Only selling as the lease is up and I'm going to get the new one.

Ben of Upstart

I got a 02 Pajero and love it. 3.2l turbo diesel. Very happy with the power, comfort and performance on the beach is good. Word of advice though, stay away form the 02,03 models, Diesel pump problems which i discovered. Bosch only made these pumps for 2 years and don't make parts for them any more. There is a pin or shaft that drives the back rotor on the pump, the pin starts to shear and metal fragments jam up the idle sensor, it runs well on the highway at speed but wont idle due to the sensor not sending the right info due to the fine metal fragments on the sensor, 4.5k later she is back on the road. Needless to say she is on the market but will def replace her with another Pajero, just not 02,03 model.
    JN

Hey Greg,
    Had a D40 Navara for 3 months and put me out of pocket an extra $5000 in that short period I owned it, with clutch, uni joints, and water in diesel dramas. Plus Nissan told me at the same instance as charging me $800 for the uni joint replacement the lower control arms were in need of attention plus the suspension was sagging. Thought to myself "well you guys work for them so don't gloat over such a shit piece of engineering" Guess I was just unlucky, but with an experience like that, I can't warrant crowing over how good they are I'm afraid.
    Traded it, and picked up an 05 Rodeo dual cab 3L diesel for 12 and love it. Just feels a lot more solid than the D40 and better on the highway at 100ks. Feels a lot better put together.
    Just my experience anyways.
    Cheers
    Chris

bt50 extra cab.... 09 ...3ltr td ...120k ....13000 ....win lots of work finding something decent ....do your homework and spend some time to find a good truck

Not a good run chris.
    mate how many k's on the rodeo?
    w
    What is fuel like on the 3 lt. What are the issues with them if any

cheers
    greg

Any you specifically wanting/needing a ute ?

Nah, just looking at whats around.
    Utes just seem to be put there

These newfangled cars, I don't want to be anyone trying to navigate this particular maze with a price point so about vehicle km already travelled.

I own an old 96 4.2 diesel patrol still mechanically much like the day it was made and I think could see me to the grave in 25 or so years time for about a 10k further total mechanical upkeep costs so I don't fit in modern 4wd conversations really

Rego's about to go up now (the gougers) but why not just an extra car...a older rougher (but tougher) 4wd one, it's no contest, use it for the rough n tumble fun/family fun/weekend work times because that is what it is really about and then let it sit idle across all the urbane times, probably save the cost of rego per year in fuel anyway than if a more special 4wd becomes the new daily driver...actually not sure here as it's so variable....but just the depreciation saved has it covered regardless.

Just a thought/differing perspective.

FNQ
    I think you are on to something there. I got a nice but older camry with only 60000.
    I was thinking of looking at about a 2000 hilux 3 lit diesel.
    Just to use up the beach and drive camry during the week.
    Only up for 1 more rego.