Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunglasses

Re: Sunglasses

Being a person that needs to have prescription lenses, off the rack sunnies are a non issue for me. In the past have used Spotters Penetrator scrip lenses.....their viewing clarity is better than the clear day wear lenses from the Optometrist. The pair I am wearing now are still going great after 8 years (glass). However they are single vision and I really need to get a pair that can be ground to multifocal/progressive. There is no way known I am going to fork out mega$ for any polycarbonate (plastic) lenses in this scrip. The Optometrist told me they do NOT do glass lenses in any form any more. I will be contacting Doug at Tonic to sort out my new sunnies.

Ausfish Bronze Member Stressless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Being a person that needs to have prescription lenses, off the rack sunnies are a non issue for me. In the past have used Spotters Penetrator scrip lenses.....their viewing clarity is better than the clear day wear lenses from the Optometrist. The pair I am wearing now are still going great after 8 years (glass). However they are single vision and I really need to get a pair that can be ground to multifocal/progressive. There is no way known I am going to fork out mega$ for any polycarbonate (plastic) lenses in this scrip. The Optometrist told me they do NOT do glass lenses in any form any more. I will be contacting Doug at Tonic to sort out my new sunnies.
    My first pair of prescription Spotters five years ago were glass, and not a scratch on them.

The last two pair of script Spotters were plastic, the first pair delaminated within 12 months and replaced under warranty, and the current pair are starting to go.

I have just ordered another pair of script Spotters, only because they have gone back to glass which can be made to my script.

Greg, it may pay to have your Optometrist contact Spotters to see if they can do yours.

I had a pair of progressional Spotters made, but sent them back for a refund because they made me dizzy and I couldn't drive in them

G'day

It's a interesting thing for me, Spotters all the way.

I have always worn the Cristo in the grey glass lens, sure theyre heavy but bulletproof for work.

I've now got the combat model in a glassed blue mirror lens and I'm not sure what spotters have done but they're heaps lighter between them. Almost half if weight is an issue.

If you want 20% off spotters everyday there's florentine eyewear at DFO. They have heaps of models/combinations in stock, many other quality brands too.

Dave
    PRECISION DETAILING
    For all your MARINE DETAILING needs
    www.precisiondetailing.com.au

I just brought my first pair of glass spotters. Biggest difference for me (apart from the weight) is that I can wear the spotters at first light right through the day.

Thanks fellas for all the input I ended up getting a pair of Bolle marine sunnies in the Python model with polycarbonate Polaroid mirror lenses , I've found them to have good optics and I purchased them online from England for a lot cheaper than here, also I haven't lost them overboard YET.