Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ethanol mandate for fuels in Queensland

Re: Ethanol mandate for fuels in Queensland

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I recall reading an article that mentioned it takes more energy to make one liter of ethanol than the energy you get from burning that liter.

If that's the case, ethanol is not "green".
    suppose it depends how the energy to make it is produced? If it is by low carbon, or carbon neutral sources (i.e. solar) then it would be green.
    what a sad sad AB

Quote Originally Posted by Luc View Post
    I recall reading an article that mentioned it takes more energy to make one liter of ethanol than the energy you get from burning that liter.

If that's the case, ethanol is not "green".
    And there is (or was) a well respected marine biologist here on this forum that showed a lot of damage to the GBRMP is associated with chemical run off from cane farms which as I understand is the primary source for ethanol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    And there is (or was) a well respected marine biologist here on this forum that showed a lot of damage to the GBRMP is associated with chemical run off from cane farms which as I understand is the primary source for ethanol.
    And yet I think that is refuted by Walter Stark?
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Hopefully no one will buy it as seemed to happen last time they tried to introduce this rubbish, if no one buys it then they will stop making it.
    Cheers Axl