Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

Hi Everyone,

Fairly new here to posting, but I have been reading these forums for over a year and a half and I have learnt a lot! I have gone through many threads already. There are probably still a few more questions I will like to post about outboards later on.

I am in the market for a 6M boat. I want it to be an all rounder. One that I can sleep in when I have to and have great platform for fishing. I am already leaning towards one, but I would like to see other people's point of view here. I am also thinking of buying new. There is also another boat I have in mind, which is a bit smaller and that is the new Haines Sig 575F.

This is my shortlist:

Cruise Craft Outsider 595
    Seafarer Victory 6.0
    Haines Signature 602F

I haven't been in any on a test drive, being in Sydney is quite hard to find these boats available for that.

Boats I have had before:
    Bermuda Nautica 4.2
    CoxCraft RumRunner
    Tournament 2000 Gen 2
    Seafarer Venus

All I know is that the Seafarer was a top riding boat and personally for me was better than the Tournament 2000. That's why I am leaning towards the Victory, but I am happy to hear other comments.

Looking forward to opinions and I know some people here have worked for Seafarer too, which is good to know

Re: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

2nd hand or new?

I am thinking new. How come?

I have a Seafarer Victory but if I was to buy new now I think it would be hard to go past the 595HT if the budget stretches that far. Seafarer is now a Haines built boat and the finish is arguably not to the standard of the "real" Seafarer hulls. With either the Seafarer or the Cruisecraft, make sure you include a set of trim tabs in the costings. I can't comment on the Haines as I haven't spent any time in one - not sure whether the hull design will take kindly to having it's bow forced down.

As scottar said the cc595 ht would be the pick if the budget is around $110000 with the lightweight 200 Yamaha .it will ride a bit better than the 625 cc as the hull has a better entry. This is what the salesman told me last year.
    Just out of intrest what was wrong with the tournament? Just curious as I have the 2100 walk around same hull and I think it rides really well

cheers Scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Massive premium to pay to buy new. I'd have an old Lindsay Fry Seafarer in a heartbeat. Not sure about them now they are Signature built. I don't mind the Signatures but am actually coming around to the Cruise Crafts in my old age as one of the last Australian built boats that you hear of the least amount of problems from. Pretty sad when it comes to that but it seems to be the way it has gone.

595 explorer hardtop is a great rig to look at mate. We build plenty and everyone loves them 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    As scottar said the cc595 ht would be the pick if the budget is around $110000 with the lightweight 200 Yamaha .it will ride a bit better than the 625 cc as the hull has a better entry. This is what the salesman told me last year.
    Just out of intrest what was wrong with the tournament? Just curious as I have the 2100 walk around same hull and I think it rides really well

cheers Scott
    Sent you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    Massive premium to pay to buy new. I'd have an old Lindsay Fry Seafarer in a heartbeat. Not sure about them now they are Signature built. I don't mind the Signatures but am actually coming around to the Cruise Crafts in my old age as one of the last Australian built boats that you hear of the least amount of problems from. Pretty sad when it comes to that but it seems to be the way it has gone.
    This is exactly what I have gathered about the Seafarer's. Everyone talks about the FRY built boats. I had a FRY built boat and I must admit, it was awesome. Had really good parts, wiring was excellent!

But what I really want to know now is, how different are they from the Haines though? Is this just an assumption that they are not built as well? Is it less material being used? Cheaper SS bits?

Quote Originally Posted by Oceanic Dave View Post
    This is exactly what I have gathered about the Seafarer's. Everyone talks about the FRY built boats. I had a FRY built boat and I must admit, it was awesome. Had really good parts, wiring was excellent!

But what I really want to know now is, how different are they from the Haines though? Is this just an assumption that they are not built as well? Is it less material being used? Cheaper SS bits?
    From the one example I saw and worked on, the level of fit out has been reduced with additions being classed as "extras" as against standard equipment. The workmanship in some areas could only be described as a "bit rough". The weight as advertised has also been reduced by about 100kg. This may well be that the weight of the once standard inclusions has been deducted as against a reduction in the material in the hull. Have a look at one for yourself though.

The Haines ones look a totally different hull. Pretty sure they are the Traveller in disguise. If overnighting is a pre requisite is the CC explorer gunna have the cabin room? Don't discount the cheaper hulls because they don't have the name. The name doesn't make them perform any better.

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    The Haines ones look a totally different hull. Pretty sure they are the Traveller in disguise....
    Yep! I reckon so too!

One very important consideration Dave is the 'real' size of the boat. Don't let the sticker size/length fool you! Many boat makers have recently started including the bow sprit in the model/hull length, which can add 3 or 400mm to the "size".

Get in them all, lie down in the cabin etc. Don't be scared to take a tape with you ... And use it!

This is also true for new vs used. I.e. a current 575HS won't be the same boat/size as a 2 or 3 yr old version!

Depending on how itchy the trigger finger is, if I were in your shoes, and thinking new, I would come up to the SCIBS on the Goldy in a few weeks. Should hopefully see them all together- but just check exhibitors list first.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    The Haines ones look a totally different hull. Pretty sure they are the Traveller in disguise. If overnighting is a pre requisite is the CC explorer gunna have the cabin room? Don't discount the cheaper hulls because they don't have the name. The name doesn't make them perform any better.

The victory is still built on the same shape hull .. It's the newer named seafarers that Haines have introduced into the range built on the traveler hull..

You might want too ring and find out if they still build the 6M victory I think you will find they will try and talk you into a Haines than build a new victory .. That my just be a rumour I heard tho

I have had 2 fry built boats one being a 6m victory . Just sold the victory not long ago Put 700 hours on it in 4.5 years with not one Scary moment .. I had a 200 Jon/ Suzuki on the back it was a bit bum heavy but the grunt was awesome.

I would look look at the CC if you have the coin .. Or buy a older victory gut it repower/ rewire and so on spend the money you would buying a new boat .. I haven't herd of any problems with transoms/ hulls on the older fry built ones .. If there is it would be more from the add on (fit outs) that owners have done out side of factory fitout not sealing properly that would cause issues . Pm me if you want any more info on the victorys mate
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

For the money you are talking id be talking to the likes of Edencraft, Cootacraft, Bass strait boats and other southern boutique boat builders. You won't buy a 19ft mono that runs better than a gunshot/coldfront etc.
    much stronger, power hungry hulls which cost h.p., but ride quality and longevity are the payback.
    Ive owned two of the three brands you are looking at and wouldn't own either again for the money. The small guys do better work.
    nil carborundum illegitimi