Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

Re: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

Hmm
    Ive put 800 or 900 running hours in on mine over the last 7 years or so, and they certainly have some habits that need to be kept under control.
    I paid good money for it when I bought it ( used) and if I had my time again would happily repeat the purchase.
    I know that I have spent shitloads on her since, but thats owning a boat eh?
    I see its still worth about what I paid for it , you cant do that with a car.
    Anyway each to his own,
    Cheers
    Brendan

Tenzing

Just because they are asking for it doesn't mean that's the figure they will get. Lets face it, its no different to real estate.
    Good luck with the sale of yours by the way!!

Cheers
    Chimo

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    Tenzing

Just because they are asking for it doesn't mean that's the figure they will get. Lets face it, its no different to real estate.
    Good luck with the sale of yours by the way!!

Cheers
    Chimo
    Geezuz. That happened quick!
    No I hope they continue to sell for a good price mate, and good luck to them
    As for a sale, have never once considered it, but as with all things , if someone waves enough green under you nose,.... as you said "love is too strong a word"
    Hows yours going by the way?
    Cheers
    Brendan

Going well Brendon, really enjoying the hardtop and the ability of the oldtecks to digest clean, filter funneled but old fuel. I blame the diversion due to grandkids.

C
    C

I Must try them
    ( the filters that is)
    Got a couple of years between last ones finishing school and grandkids i hope
    Mind you I have to do the rounds at home to get a willing deckie these days
    Cheers

Hi...have you had a look at the Haines Hunter 560 Offshore? I think it's now a 595 Offshore as they include the Bow spirit, have had mine for 3 years with an Optimax 150 and everyone comments on the fishing space plus sleepover room if required. Handles brilliantly and with huge kill tank in underfloor keeps the fishing space to maximum.
    Also not one quality issue except a screw that come loose off the lid in the cab for anchor retrieve.
    Surprisin also the efficiency of the Optimax and "the non smokiness" of the motor.
    Cheers

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Money $$$$$ should not be a consideration can you afford it yes or no if yes buy it i am getting on and know i said no and should of said yes i could of paid more but did not and now i will leave to much behind when i go i could of had a better time

The new 602F hard top will be the pick according to Trailerboat mag test panel.

The 602F ticks all the boxes as well. Definitely another one to consider. Having had exposure to fully enclosed hard top rigs and then going back to a rig with clears, the hard top will definitely be right at the top of wish list with the next rig. Also look at how the windows are installed to make sure there is a decent drip rail to force water to run away should it manage to get in. The single biggest PITA I have had with the Victory (and it is really just a personal thing) is the side windows. Due to the shape (having the lowest part in the middle) and there being no drip rail moulding, any water that gets past the rubbers that seal the glass into the windows, runs to the lowest point of the frame and then flows over on the inside wetting any accessories below (VHF) and your sleeve. I have spent considerable time and four letter words totally removing and bedding the windows on the sides into sealant in an attempt to stop this. The zips in the clears letting water through in heavy conditions also gives me the sh*ts. At the time I purchased the boat, my storage facilities dictated the need for clears as the whole lot needed to fold down. This has since changed and unless you have a specific requirement due to storage or funding, the hardtop options IMO are the ones to look at.

Hi Jakers 69

Nice setup for sure, might be OK to fall in love with too!! http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...8%28%28Make%3D[Haines%20Signature]%26Model%3D602F%29%26%28%28%28SiloType%3DDealer%20 used%20boats|SiloType%3DDealer%20new%20boats%29|Si loType%3DPrivate%20used%20boats%29|SiloType%3DDemo %20and%20near%20new%20boats%29%29%26Service%3DBoat sales%29&pso=0&pss=Premium

+1 to the pre 07 built Seafarer Victory. Followed by a pre 07 built Seafarer Vagabond. If looking exclusively at new, then yes, look at the Haines Group built hulls or maybe your commercial grade finish boutique builders in VIC offering Coota Craft etc. Evolution appear well built. Ride and handling I cannot comment on. The other brands IMO cannot front up in big conditions over the long term and you won't actually find a 'shipwright' on staff.

I worked at Seafarer during the good days with Lindsay Fry who is also a great mate. A few of the commentators above I have dealt with on Seafarer / Evinrude / Tinka queries over the years. For the sake of context, John Haines Snr was a doyen of the industry and was instrumental in buying Seafarer. Without question, he built some of Australia's best GRP hulls. John fought off some of the big U.S. conglomerates who wanted to buy the Seafarer brand and moulds. When John passed, so too did the Haines/Fry family plans to further develop the brand and draw on its decorated history as a household Australian boating brand. Retooling moulds and R&D is a bi product of economic conditions and these days, to make a buck, yes you have to produce cheaper boats. THG has new manufacturing techniques that allow them to do that on their new designs... Other manufacturers prefer to use cheaper local or Chinese labour but the results of that are immediately apparent to the trained eye. Building a Seafarer the way they were built and by the qualified builders who built them is challenging in today's market. You need a smart businessmen who knows every aspect of the build process intimately also. They were a labour and raw material intensive product. Built to a standard, not a price. In my view, the boats built during the golden decade of 1997 - 2007 will last and have shown they hold value. He had some of the most experienced builders and suppliers around during those days and paid them well. Lindsay was the last of the old school quality Australian designers and boat builders.

You cannot compare IMO build quality to the current range of certain new hulls you mentioned. However, this doesn't seem to have impacted pricing on some of these models ($110K for a 6Mtr with a 200 and electronics is the standard now).

Build quality - Seafarer blended old school hand made commercial build quality with modern design and Rolls Royce attention to detail and finish.

FYI - the Victory in the earlier link at JCM is one I took over to them last month (it belongs to a good friend of mine and he was Seafarer's #1 customer over the last 40 years - this is probably # 50 for him). He pretty much owned boat #1 in every major model. The owner had an equal passion for the brand and usually had 1 in each major port in Queensland and NT for a while ! He would buy them if he saw a good one used for sale. Say what you like on price, but quality and condition wise this is as good and far better built than anything new for the same $'s. The ETEC is not rebuilt - it is an 07 fully dressed powerhead (they arrive in a box, old block removed and new one bolted on). So a new donk. The 05's were Series 1 and BRP replaced some powerheads that had some early issues and BRP came to the party to replace. 300 hours since. Trailer new and hull is MY98. Original Seafarer upholsterer re carpeted and reupholstered this year. PM me if you wanted more info on this boat. And yes, price is negotiable. But if it were me and my family, give me this boat for $45K over a hard riding, poorly constructed other boat.

good luck.

Further to Ocean Spirits comments above, I wouldn't be looking at an Evolution based on Dick Tracy's tales of woe on here and also a local Sunny Coast boat I know about.

Ocean Spirit, I will send you a PM. Want to ask you a few things.

does anyone know who owns this boat? I wanted to buy this one. I sent the owner an email and then by the end of the week it was sold. Its the only one I have seen that I truly want. Anyone know who bought it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last time I saw that boat it was priced at about 63k and in Vic if I remember .. My old boat was just about identical to the one above and had every option from factory only mine had a 200 and pedestal seats.. The bloke I bought it off painted the side to match his cruiser . I changed the seats sail tracked the clears added tabs changed electronics and added a few other bits n prices along the way took me 4 years to get it to ware I was happy with it then sold it without advertising it .. As you seen on FB page ..
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Dave, I set that Victory up in 2005 for the original owners. Great people but were forced to part with it.

Outta_Line I am also familiar with your boat.

My Victory now is fitted with all the above options.

There weren't many fitted with the JohnoZuke 200. Personally, I was a strong advocate for the ETEC option and the hull responded better with a bit less weight off the back.