Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

Re: Cruise Craft 595 Outsider vs Seafarer Victory 6.0 vs Haines Signature 602F

OD

Back to your original question.
    IMHO buy a Fry Victory (secondhand) with whatever motor even an older two stroke and you have a great hull with bunk length you can sleep on and an excellent resale into the future. 150HP and up will make you smile driving it and maybe later you can drop a G2 200HO on the back and smile even more. They appreciate trim tabs such as Lenco or Bennett but as people on here and elsewhere will tell you, and you had concluded yourself, they are a fine boat. Do avoid getting one with too heavy a motor as they were not really made with heavy 4 strokes in mind, if you go 4 stroke go as light as possible but you will forgo much smiling as your performance will be lost.

Cheers
    Chimo with a Vag with twins and tabs

Hi Chimo,

Mate I would love to, and the one I really wanted got sold and I don't think I will find another like that. I will post pics of the one I missed out in case anyone knows who bought it. I couldn't buy it at the time and was hoping it would last for some time as the price was much higher than the others.

There is also a couple of reasons why I want a Haines one, because that way I can customise it the way I want. NO box seats, colours I want, radios, cut outs for accessories etc. Every boat I have come across has had some accessories fitted in a position I personally don't like.

I managed to pull the old specs from the FRY Seafarer website. And Haines have "committed" to continue building the Seafarer boats the way Fry did according to their website. If I can bring that into the light, I am hoping I can get it built just as good. I am hoping this would be possible.

The new Yamaha 225 V6 four stroke weighs as much as the new 225 HO, Etec G2. So maybe that is a contender that will make me smile

Dave, I worked for seafarer under Lindsay. I have also seen closely what the haines group have done with the boats.

As you probably know, the good existing seafarer boats are still in the range, and the new models are travellers. I believe the boats are built just as well as the Lindsay boats, but they have stripped them of their old standard features like bow rails and the like to bring the cost down. They now also build the boats with newer lighter weight materials, which together with less standard features drops the weight. This does not mean they are built worse than previous.

As have seen quite a few haines group seafarers, including some victories and vagabonds, and all owners have been very happy. I'd own another victory in a heart beat, even a haines built one.

I have noticed no dealers or advertising for seafarer anymore. What's going on there? Have they dropped the branding now?

Did you work for oceanic?

Darren

Hi Dave
    I'm with Chimo.
    Buy a Fry built one and customize it yourself.
    I put a new stainless targa on , got rid of the port seat box, added tabs and repowered , and have been very happy with all of the above.
    Put more rod holders in, change your fuel capacity, add fresh/ salt wash. Get some Funky sound and play with the lights.
    At least when you have one that works yo start with you can get it right over a period of time, as you find out what about the boat you can or cant live with.
    BTW I reckon I got it pretty sweet with the repower, after a bit of trial and error with the prop.
    My family have certainly spent some hours on this boat, so I know what it can and cant do , and I wouldnt be swapping it for many single hulled boats of its size.

Cheers
    Brendan
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by boatboy50 View Post
    Dave, I worked for seafarer under Lindsay. I have also seen closely what the haines group have done with the boats.

As you probably know, the good existing seafarer boats are still in the range, and the new models are travellers. I believe the boats are built just as well as the Lindsay boats, but they have stripped them of their old standard features like bow rails and the like to bring the cost down. They now also build the boats with newer lighter weight materials, which together with less standard features drops the weight. This does not mean they are built worse than previous.

As have seen quite a few haines group seafarers, including some victories and vagabonds, and all owners have been very happy. I'd own another victory in a heart beat, even a haines built one.

I have noticed no dealers or advertising for seafarer anymore. What's going on there? Have they dropped the branding now?

Did you work for oceanic?

Darren
    Hi mate,

i don't know why they don't advertise Seafarer's anymore. There is a place in Sydney that is meant to sell them but he doesn't want to anymore. There is another dealer in NSW and he is willing to sell them. But I have no idea why they don't advertise them anymore, I am assuming haines doesn't want to build them as much. Are the Seafarer's more complicated to build than the Haines? That is one rumour I heard.

Darre. I will send you a PM

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    Hi Dave
    I'm with Chimo.
    Buy a Fry built one and customize it yourself.
    I put a new stainless targa on , got rid of the port seat box, added tabs and repowered , and have been very happy with all of the above.
    Put more rod holders in, change your fuel capacity, add fresh/ salt wash. Get some Funky sound and play with the lights.
    At least when you have one that works yo start with you can get it right over a period of time, as you find out what about the boat you can or cant live with.
    BTW I reckon I got it pretty sweet with the repower, after a bit of trial and error with the prop.
    My family have certainly spent some hours on this boat, so I know what it can and cant do , and I wouldnt be swapping it for many single hulled boats of its size.

Cheers
    Brendan

Hi mate,

what is your top speed on the beast?

Hi Dave
    My top speed is about the 70k mark.
    Its not something I find particularly useful ( except on a dead flat track to pass a mates KC 2400 with twin 140s)
    I run a Solas 4 blade 15 1/4 x 20 prop. The theoretical top speed if slip were zero is about 74.5 km/h, so 70k is close as practical.
    To go faster you need either a different motor/ gearbox , or a larger pitch prop.
    I spent quite some time trying different prop and motor height combos and this one gave the best all round result. Mainly it gave the best grip in swell and bum lift.
    I tried faster props but this one just felt the best.
    Cheers
    Brendan

OD

This may be your lucky day!!!

http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au...f-cabin/168568

Cheers
    Chimo

Quote Originally Posted by Chimo View Post
    OD

This may be your lucky day!!!

http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au...f-cabin/168568

Cheers
    Chimo
    An 18 year old hull with a rebuilt etec for 46k. It's someone's lucky day but I doubt it would be the purchaser!

FRP has at least a 50 year lifespan and that is in the nuclear industry.

And what about the as new trailer?

Whats going to go wrong on the motor has probably already done so.

Priced a new one have we?

I know you love your seafarers Chimo but please. That's way over the top. And for the record... No, I've never priced a new one. I have had my seafarer experiences and I would never consider parting with my hard earned for one.

Hey Chimo
    If thats 46 grand I must be sitting on a goldmine!
    I do like the new upholstery though.
    You'd think they put a legal allround white light up there , if not some rod holders!
    Nice detailing job on a bare bones hull.
    I hope they sell it and many more at that price!
    Cheers
    Brendan

In Fact if thats the kinda money for that one , come and make me an offer!

Quote Originally Posted by One more drop View Post
    I know you love your seafarers Chimo but please. That's way over the top. And for the record... No, I've never priced a new one. I have had my seafarer experiences and I would never consider parting with my hard earned for one.
    So You have owned one then?

Quote Originally Posted by tenzing View Post
    So You have owned one then?
    Nope. But have spent a fair bit of time in one.

OMD

Love is far too strong a word. Where we spend our $s has always been up to each of us and good on you for sharing your thoughts.

Whether the price asked is correct or not is up to the market to decide just as its up to an individual to decide what they may want or not.
    In this case its not our choice but its up to the one who started this thread to decide what he does or does not do.

All we, both you and I and others, who contribute our 2 bobs worth can do is put it out there to be ignored or otherwise. That's the spirit of AF is it not.

Cheers
    Chimo