Thread: Cape Moreton 3-5-15

Cape Moreton 3-5-15

we left Scarborough boat ramp at 5.30am and traveled across the washing machine they call Moreton bay.
    after crossing the bar.(that's what it is know)weather turned out great with long rolling swell and mild winds
    We fished shallow tempest early to get out of the wind and put a couple of legal snappa in the tomb. Headed out to deep tempest got a couple more snaps and a nice pearly then about 11 some bait fish just start up around the boat.I get a slug out toss it nothing oh well?

Then 2 marlin just pop up a start slashing at the bait(f:'k,s"!t,oh no) no live bait on board no skirts only stick baits so out goes the Gt stick baits for the next 10-15 min we were trying to entice a reaction bite but no luck. It was very cool to se them feeding like that.
    With a feed in the esky we started heading back in and a heap of Mac tuna started busting up so I put my decki onto his first tuna with a slug.

All in in all it was a very nice day no photos as I could not be bothered taking any.(PS there was no current at all was holding bottom with a 8-12 ounce in 85m)

cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Cape Moreton 3-5-15

Good to see a report come in!!

That would have been cool to see the marlin. Good to see you got a feed.

Tony

Sounds like a good day on the water Scott with a good feed as well cheers for the report.

Nice work mate.
    How good was the weather.
    we were out there too. What boat were you in.
    We fished shallow most morning and than deep.
    i was there in mates gradey white.

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by shane69 View Post
    Nice work mate.
    How good was the weather.
    we were out there too. What boat were you in.
    We fished shallow most morning and than deep.
    i was there in mates gradey white.

Shane
    hi shane i was in the boat named MY OTHER WIFE.
    if it had a 225 yamaha on the back we were behind you on the way out and was tracking beside you on the way to the cape. we fished shallow tempest at the same time as well. and through some kind of luck you guys followed me back over the bar.
    how did you guys go?
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    hi shane i was in the boat named MY OTHER WIFE.
    if it had a 225 yamaha on the back we were behind you on the way out and was tracking beside you on the way to the cape. we fished shallow tempest at the same time as well. and through some kind of luck you guys followed me back over the bar.
    how did you guys go?
    yeah thought that was you didnt really see many other boats out there through day. What boat is that. It rides good.
    Yeah mate we scrapped up ok. Got 15-20 reefies which included squire pearlies few big spangles moses and cod and few aj and king a good spanish. We got alot of quality fish sharked Lost alot of tackle.
    we went out to deep which was a waste of time for us.
    Yea came back same time as we ran out of livies.
    It was good getting back up there as i havnt fished it for a year. Normally only go at night but just didnt have chance through year.
    Shane