Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Long range trailer boat

Re: Long range trailer boat

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyone View Post
    Been going through the same thing. Found an older 7m plate hull with an 09 Volvo d4 225 and duo prop leg. Reportedly 600km range from 240l. Be interesting to do some big trips and see what it really does.
    That sort of range / economy would be awesome.

Sellers can be know to overstate things from time to time tho

Any pictures ?

Koastal if I were you I would be going 150's in Yam or Merc but you are crazy to be repowering here if you are getting a boat shipped over. You could save thousands by buying new motors in the states, leave them and the rigging gear in crates and have them put on the back of the boat for the trip over.

Is it in transit yet? Certainly worth your while to buy in the US as it wont cost you any more for shipping surely.
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

Must be planing on bringing some special air drop packages back as I can't figure out why tf you would want to go all that way when you can catch all the fish you can legally bring home from the likes of 1770 in a day or two. F@#k that for a joke, but each to their own.
    Cheers
    Shane Podmore
    0407 696 949
    shane@ssinductions.com.au
    http://www.ssinductions.com.au

Life's too short to fish from the bank and you can't take money with you when you die so buy a boat stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    Must be planing on bringing some special air drop packages back as I can't figure out why tf you would want to go all that way when you can catch all the fish you can legally bring home from the likes of 1770 in a day or two. F@#k that for a joke, but each to their own.

Ah I don't know Gr0wler. We go out to the Swains in my 7.4m boat every year (I know this is a lot further) but the GT's we get out there and the numbers make it worth it. Cant get them at 1770 in the number or the size. Same as the reefies. We know we will get great fish around the Percy group and it is a great place to camp as well. Mission to get there but wouldn't change it for anything. Going to Cato would be Awesome but I wouldn't want to be doing it in anything over 10 knots. I'd want auto pilot as well LOL.
    Goona

Quote Originally Posted by Lovey80 View Post
    Koastal if I were you I would be going 150's in Yam or Merc but you are crazy to be repowering here if you are getting a boat shipped over. You could save thousands by buying new motors in the states, leave them and the rigging gear in crates and have them put on the back of the boat for the trip over.

Is it in transit yet? Certainly worth your while to buy in the US as it wont cost you any more for shipping surely.
    Boats in transit tomorrow. Will heed your advice in regard to larger motors.

Probably go 135 mercury 4 strokes as. I believe they are de-rated 150 and will make the same power in that critical 3800 - 4300 rpm, awaiting some data to confirm this theory though.
    They are quite light at 206 kgs and save quite a lot of money over the 150's

I looked at purchasing the motors there but value the warranty that comes with local purchase. Price with the weak dollar wasnt as good as it has been and you still have to pay gst

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    No Packages haha - Main reason is the adventure and pelagics, wahoo and dogtooth I hope.
    Can always come home via 1770 to catch some reds.

Boat is 20 days away

Heres a link to one in action

You should of bought this one twin 150's ready to go my opinion after being on this boat if you go any smaller in hp you will regret it. Get yours here sell it and buy captain seaweeds.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (45.4 KB, 0 views)

Geez that's a nice rig Burleygu.
    Great video there koastal even with the guy behind the camera being blind drunk.
    Darren

Quote Originally Posted by burleygu View Post
    You should of bought this one twin 150's ready to go my opinion after being on this boat if you go any smaller in hp you will regret it. Get yours here sell it and buy captain seaweeds.
    How much does he want for it ?

He wants 100k it's on boat sales..... there's a 2004 26" for 85k with 400h didn't have location might be worth a look if someone is wanting a larger cat ....most of those bigger boats have been for sale for 6 months or more and towing would play a big part it that with the need of larger tow vehicle
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    He wants 100k it's on boat sales..... there's a 2004 26" for 85k with 400h didn't have location might be worth a look if someone is wanting a larger cat ....most of those bigger boats have been for sale for 6 months or more and towing would play a big part it that with the need of larger tow vehicle
    Ok ta - will pass. Good looking boat, protection from the elements with that hard top. Has all the bells and whistles with radar / chirp etc. 860 hrs so well used Would have suited my brother perfectly. He fishes bass straight.
    My long term plans are more tropical and love the Renegade layout. Planning on getting the best wet weather gear money can buy tho. Also brand new motors are a big part of the long range confidence thing.

double post !!

Woohoo boat has arrived. Must say as a first time importer, it was a painless procedure.

IMG_2226.jpg

Bugger your gunna need a bigger shed , nice boat please post some more pics . Thanks Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......