Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Long haul

Re: Long haul

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Hope you got me one as well Gav......
    Bob they're only $40 at Dick Simth. It would cost you more than that just in fuel in that big Chevy to drive up to Gav's and pick in up. Your forgetting how far he is of the freeway and that Billy goat track of his...lol

Rob I will be going past the Dick Smith store again tomorrow and can drop in and see if they have any more.
    I got the two they had on the shelf but they may have more.
    Let me Know
    Gav

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Bob they're only $40 at Dick Simth. It would cost you more than that just in fuel in that big Chevy to drive up to Gav's and pick in up. Your forgetting how far he is of the freeway and that Billy goat track of his...lol
    Hahahahha I Know.
    You know I towed Moejoes up Gav's Goat track
    It was like a when you're in a jumbo jet and committed down the run way.
    Once I turned in that was it
    Would've stayed away if I'd known prior

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Rob I will be going past the Dick Smith store again tomorrow and can drop in and see if they have any more.
    I got the two they had on the shelf but they may have more.
    Let me Know
    Gav
    All good Gav,
    Thanks for the offer, I send the misses down to grab one tomorrow rather than try & get up your goat track again

Here is another 12V oven option for you Keith. Not a real good photo of the oven though. It's a mates. Those pies were warmed up and consumed somewhere off Fitzroy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good Gav,
    Thanks for the offer, I send the misses down to grab one tomorrow rather than try & get up your goat track again
    I don't know if Robyn will go anywhere today mate after taking 5 hours to get home in floodwaters yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I don't know if Robyn will go anywhere today mate after taking 5 hours to get home in floodwaters yesterday
    She will
    Looks like I'm fixing the back fence today
    Total wash out!!!!

Hahahahha I Know.
    You know I towed Moejoes up Gav's Goat track
    It was like a when you're in a jumbo jet and committed down the run way.
    Once I turned in that was it
    Would've stayed away if I'd known prior
    Mate I would have offered to drive it up for you if I new you had your skirt and heels on!!!!

Come on Gav.......No secrets outside of school

She will
    Looks like I'm fixing the back fence today
    Total wash out!!!!
    Yeah I'm off to work now. We lost a tank and the main nursery pump in a land slip.

Some strange reason,

Marty Ive got one mate (Soulfish) who I would fish with every trip but unfortunately he can rarely make it due to work commitments. I will always ask him first then ask a few of the guys on here or other mates. Other than that i struggle getting a regular crew because most guys who i fish with have there own boats, Cant get away from work, can't get away from family commitments and some just can't afford chipping in ($300-$450) depending on the trip we do. So yeah send me threw your number and Ill send you a text next time Im going and can't get anyone. This is the whole and only reason i got on this site in the first place....I couldn't find crew so i thought id just throw some pics up and hopefully get to meet a few more serious guys. Id prefer to have the same crew every trip and obviously it would show in the box but its never going to happen.

So far every guy Ive taken from this site has been decent enough. Some I've been warned about that there a boof head or what not but to be honest they have all been decent and keen to fish. DickTracey from the weekend I could see how he could rub people up the wrong way but in general he was funny, helped everyone on the boat not just himself, cleaned, chipped in, paid his way, shared his food, tackle, brought different ideas and technichs, found a way to get gavin to talk..lol and over all Id be happy to fish with him again and again. So at the end of the day i'm so glad he came out. I can say the same about gavin and George but If I were to go fishing in a couple of weeks its more than likely that the fellas couldn't go again. Last week I contacted about 8 guys and four could go so i had to tell one next trip.... thats why i said at the end of the post Andrews up next. I'll always contact the guys who came last or I have promised a trip too but once i've found enough crew I'm off this site.

Send me your number.

Fuel was terrible at about 880 ltrs

Trip was almost $400 each.
    Reading that I thought I wrote it for a second as I have the same issues as I watch the weather and go at a moments notice and it is so difficult to get a good crew in such short notice especially when it's midweek when I prefer to go anyway. Just a couple of pics of my first trip out to the reefs (and beyond ) which sounds like an almost identical trip except we went north and as far up as Innamincka shoal, Very tough first day then did reasonably well on the second day but nothing big in size.

All in all it was also a great trip with three top blokes I had never met before but now have three new friends that are always welcome on my boat. Funny how our mutual addiction can find us new life long friends. Oh and we went through approx 510L in the boat only, can't remember what it took to tow the old Sharkcat up and back.
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10644803_697471513641297_4134194375896207538_n.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	73.0 KB 
ID:	108859   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10628438_697100470345068_2902499134880944098_n.jpg 
Size:	72.1 KB 
ID:	108858   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	10653437_697471483641300_666233071139838571_n.jpg 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	108860