Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Long haul

Re: Long haul

I agree Aussie123 - I think the epoch 12V is slower than I would like and most likely the 24V is more like the Kristal for retrieve from what you say - I am am happy 12V though and will keep it - but I did put forward the faults of it to a mate and as such he bought the 24V and I like his 24V-X9- I believe his reel would get the extra 15 or so drops in a day at 30% faster retrieve with or without fish on it.

I would like to see a day of work with the Kristals though on the bigger rigs with a levelwind - when I did a 2-day trip with Shane his Kristals were in for repairs so I missed seeing them in action.

The lighter rig I am looking to pair up with a shimano jig-wrex rod so all up a light outfit to hold all day if need be - not on a bent butt broomstick - once again I can't afford the reel now and will see a few outfits before I can afford to buy one - a mate has a tanacom 750 and it is light and works fine - but a bit small for what I want - I suppose my bias with the epochs is I see them as being a solid unit.
    Cheers

Trev

Hey Keith you asked me to let you know what the sunset perch cooked up like. Bloody good!!!!!!! If I was you I would keep the next one yourself.

Ps. They had those 12v ovens so I picked one up for you today.

Gav
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sunset perch.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	37.3 KB 
ID:	108581  

Bloody legend Gav.... No more cooking on the boat. Its got to be the easiest way I have ever had food on a boat ever!!!!

I wonder if we can cook fish in it??? should try some before we head up next time and if it works ok we can just heat up some fish out there.

Plus take the pre made bacon and egg wraps of course and Dicks bacon and egg muffins and cheese.

Highlight of the trip was that little oven..... post a pic Gav of one

Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stove 2.jpg 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	108583   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stove.jpg 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	108582  

That looks a bit safer than the old butane burner stove.

We had a bit of a moment last week with a burner when one of the guys tried to light it without the cannister being connected correctly, which caused a small flame to come outof the end of the can.

He called for it to be thrown over the side but a quick dunk in the water had the flames out and we hooked it up correctly for him to finish cooking our breakfast.

I think it was just his way of not having to take his turn cooking.

Marto,mate Dick brought one of these ovens and it was absolutely gold. He picked up a dozen sausage rolls from the bakery and threw them in the esky. At about lunch time he took out this tiny little cooker, cut some sausage rolls in half and heated them up in about 3 or 4 minutes......bloody beautiful. Hot sausage rolls for lunch and beer easy as. I had pre made bacon and egg wraps in alfoil and just heated them up as well. Everything was easy thanks to this smaller than a lunch box 1-2kg oven. No cookers are allowed on my boat and no cooking just heating.... Quick, clean, simple and bloody hot.cheers again Dick & thanks Gav for grabbing me one.

No cookers mate. How do you cook your bacon and eggs in the morning?

Thanks fella's for the oven info
    Just had a google and see that they are only 50 bucks, one will be in my boat now too.

Keith, no cooking or heating??, I see how you got out of the lagoon so early now, no coffee!!

I'll send you my number for the Elliott trip to meet up sometime, if I don't have a full crew you may know someone that might like to go also.

Ross

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    No cookers mate. How do you cook your bacon and eggs in the morning?

Pre made bacon and egg wraps champ. 2 minutes in the oven and they are hot again. by the time I was heading out the lagoon the other day I was munching on a hot wrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Oog. View Post
    Thanks fella's for the oven info
    Just had a google and see that they are only 50 bucks, one will be in my boat now too.

Keith, no cooking or heating??, I see how you got out of the lagoon so early now, no coffee!!

I'll send you my number for the Elliott trip to meet up sometime, if I don't have a full crew you may know someone that might like to go also.

Ross
    No worries Ross,

sounds good.... in about 4-6 weeks for me.

my next trip hopefully is next week at 1770 then the break sea again.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Pre made bacon and egg wraps champ. 2 minutes in the oven and they are hot again. by the time I was heading out the lagoon the other day I was munching on a hot wrap.
    That sounds like a lot of prep too me, I'm flat out getting all my fishing gear in the boat and remembering the fry pan.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    That sounds like a lot of prep too me, I'm flat out getting all my fishing gear in the boat and remembering the fry pan.
    Need to upgrade the missus Marto...lol

Im lucky she does all the food for me before I go.

Dick was all over it mate he just went to the bakery....done

Righto i'm a bit sick of the gas butane cooker lately and looking for another (easier) option. The wrap you blokes are giving this oven will see me sending the cook to fetch one tomorrow. Cheers gav for the pics. I can see hot pizzas and beer in lagoon now.

Quote Originally Posted by feral cat View Post
    Righto i'm a bit sick of the gas butane cooker lately and looking for another (easier) option. The wrap you blokes are giving this oven will see me sending the cook to fetch one tomorrow. Cheers gav for the pics. I can see hot pizzas and beer in lagoon now.
    Justin i have seen a frozen meal heated up in one mate,just make sure your 12v lighter plug has at least 4mm wiring capable of running a fridge,the Dick smith models dont seam to draw as many amps as the cheaper ones that have melted a few harnesses Will be good for Rainbow Comp mate

Hope you got me one as well Gav......