Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Long haul

Re: Long haul

Quote Originally Posted by hookinin View Post
    Thanks again for a great trip, fishing and company. I learnt allot from someone that knows more than he gives himself credit for. The more I tell others of the trip the more I realize the just how many things I picked up.

Mate I would get highway noise if I was any closer. 2 turns and 1.5kms from a exit and as for less contours....

As for Dick the shark line cutter...... the words charter boat what charter boat come to mind.

Lol...Shark Poker???

Mate I thought you lived on an island somewhere in the pacific and it was a minimum 3 day detour... Lol... I thought I needed a D9 to get up your driveway but I was pleasantly surprised to find you living on a flat block 2 mins of the freeway.

Mate in the words of the George" It sucks to be Dick" because he drove an extra hr each way because of the lost time anpicitated to picking you up that never eventuated so he drove Sth to my place to save time.

As for the nice comments mate it was an absolute pleasure fishing with you and I can honestly say your are one of the most well mannered nicest blokes I've had on a boat. I thought when driving Dick up the freeway to pickn you up this will be funny when these guys meet but you guys made the trip for me. And don't ever sell your self short Gav your the quiet achiever and I was watching you like a hawk... You not only can fish but your an exceptionally quick learner. I wish you were my permanant fishing partner.... Cheers Gav and thanks again for all the lead.

Long haul mate, You would of drove over fish to get to fish.lol
    Like the idea of chasing those flame tail though.
    Where was my invite cobber???
    It ate into me being stuck out here knowing I had knocked back a trip with you and with Greg.Oh well Ive got a boat to pay for.
    Talk soon.
    Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Long haul mate, You would of drove over fish to get to fish.lol
    Like the idea of chasing those flame tail though.
    Where was my invite cobber???
    It ate into me being stuck out here knowing I had knocked back a trip with you and with Greg.Oh well Ive got a boat to pay for.
    Talk soon.
    Mick.
    You should of hopped on a plane and came back to jump on with Greg. As for me your lucky you stayed there and worked. She was a long haul in a short period.... Stupidity!!! Was s good fishing trip to miss but was s great few days thanks to the guys.

A good read Keith and co.

Looked a bit like a grey beard fishing trip with electrics - geriatrics! - yep and X4 is next on my bucket list as the X9 is too aggressive in the 100-180m range for pearlies.

Shame the deep stuff didn't play the game - you can find heaps sometimes and they all have lock-jaw.

Looks like you all had a fun time though and some great conditions. An overnighter would have been good with the conditions but we always look back on a trip and think of things that could have been better, but the most important thing is you had a great time.

Thanks for the report - enjoyed it!
    Cheers

Trev

You gotsome real nice fish there guys but 450kms in 2 days to get them is a massive effort 👍well done

How much juice did the boat use for that distance?

Kieth If for some strange reason you have exhausted your long list of deckies and have a spare spot to fill give me a shout mate because I'd love to jump aboard to experience one of these trips and learn from someone who obviously has this area so well figured out.

Any day in the salt water office is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    A good read Keith and co.

Looked a bit like a grey beard fishing trip with electrics - geriatrics! - yep and X4 is next on my bucket list as the X9 is too aggressive in the 100-180m range for pearlies.

Shame the deep stuff didn't play the game - you can find heaps sometimes and they all have lock-jaw.

Looks like you all had a fun time though and some great conditions. An overnighter would have been good with the conditions but we always look back on a trip and think of things that could have been better, but the most important thing is you had a great time.

Thanks for the report - enjoyed it!

Cheers Trev, yeah mate they were a bunch of old pricks.

Mate the most important thing is a soft rod for the pearlies and a stiffer rod for the bigger fish IMO as you can always back of the drag. Ive found the mega twins are supper fast on the retrieve so in that 100-300mtr stuff they are worth looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by marto78 View Post
    You gotsome real nice fish there guys but 450kms in 2 days to get them is a massive effort well done

How much juice did the boat use for that distance?

Kieth If for some strange reason you have exhausted your long list of deckies and have a spare spot to fill give me a shout mate because I'd love to jump aboard to experience one of these trips and learn from someone who obviously has this area so well figured out.

Some strange reason,

Marty Ive got one mate (Soulfish) who I would fish with every trip but unfortunately he can rarely make it due to work commitments. I will always ask him first then ask a few of the guys on here or other mates. Other than that i struggle getting a regular crew because most guys who i fish with have there own boats, Cant get away from work, can't get away from family commitments and some just can't afford chipping in ($300-$450) depending on the trip we do. So yeah send me threw your number and Ill send you a text next time Im going and can't get anyone. This is the whole and only reason i got on this site in the first place....I couldn't find crew so i thought id just throw some pics up and hopefully get to meet a few more serious guys. Id prefer to have the same crew every trip and obviously it would show in the box but its never going to happen.

So far every guy Ive taken from this site has been decent enough. Some I've been warned about that there a boof head or what not but to be honest they have all been decent and keen to fish. DickTracey from the weekend I could see how he could rub people up the wrong way but in general he was funny, helped everyone on the boat not just himself, cleaned, chipped in, paid his way, shared his food, tackle, brought different ideas and technichs, found a way to get gavin to talk..lol and over all Id be happy to fish with him again and again. So at the end of the day i'm so glad he came out. I can say the same about gavin and George but If I were to go fishing in a couple of weeks its more than likely that the fellas couldn't go again. Last week I contacted about 8 guys and four could go so i had to tell one next trip.... thats why i said at the end of the post Andrews up next. I'll always contact the guys who came last or I have promised a trip too but once i've found enough crew I'm off this site.

Send me your number.

Fuel was terrible at about 880 ltrs

Trip was almost $400 each.

Massive effort mate .. Some nice fish well done... You werent joking when you said I was vanished to team mojoes for life.. Lol
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    DickTracey from the weekend I could see how he could rub people up the wrong way but in general he was funny, helped everyone on the boat not just himself, cleaned, chipped in, paid his way, shared his food, tackle, brought different ideas and technichs, found a way to get gavin to talk..lol and over all Id be happy to fish with him again and again. So at the end of the day i'm so glad he came out.
    Thanks mate i know I have apparently upset a few people over the years probably my lack of ability to fluff up the truth, as an admin of a page with 47000 followers and up to 1.7M reach per week its easy for collateral damage to occur "banning keyboard warriors " when a shit fight breaks out on a post.The genuine innocent send a private email asking why??? Straight away i explain its hard to know when someone is taking the piss out of a mate or taking a cheap shot at someone! Ban is lifted and we move on,the genuine shit stirrers well i wont go in to that,the death threats and promise off violence always makes me laugh, i take my hat off to Ausfish admins the amount of double logins and shit to sort through wold be mind blowing and a thankless job, I have met some life long friends on this site who have supported my charity events from the start, Trevs lad and my little mate Ronnie has a special place in my heart and will have forever.To the lads i have rubbed up the wrong way drop me a line or pm and let me know what it was that i done to piss you off.Lets catch up for a beer or 6.
    Thanks again for the start Keith, i do think that soft rod of yours is why you where a bit soft night 1 mate,get you back on a Venom and we will have a big one.
    Chill out guys its not like any of us are getting out alive.
    Dick

Still quite a trip Keith with some great fish, 450 k's on the water sure is a haul.
    Your right about Gav, he is a gentleman.
    cheers
    Bill

Outstanding effort again keith. Big miles big smiles.
    Gee's its been hard watching everyone get out and amongst them over the weekend while the cats in pieces.
    Some cracker pearlies there as well mate.
    Dick I look forward to a few ales at rainblow comp coming up and a yarn or 2.
    cheers

justin.

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    Massive effort mate .. Some nice fish well done... You werent joking when you said I was vanished to team mojoes for life.. Lol
    Robs counting on it!!

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Robs counting on it!!
    What's wrong with team Moejoes??????

Did you end up doing the bleeding/spiking experiment?