Thread: At the cathedrals 23/4/15

At the cathedrals 23/4/15

I was going to head out Friday but no decki so I was itching to go so pulled the pin and went today.
    I left from Wynnum and the bay was fantastic this morning got to the bar and (still alive) headed over to the little islands and had a flick with some lures and slug I hooked up something big on 30lb fought it for about 10 Min with no sign of bringing this to the boat ended up pulling the hooks.

now I'm in search of some groud around the cathedrals drove around for a while and found quite a lot fish and one new pinnical that I would try jigging on. Did some bottom bashing and got some legal pearlies and legal snaps around 40cm so now I have my feed. Time to try jigging did about 5 sets and nothing started the drift again and BAM I'm on and it's a horse
    and turned out to be my new PB amberjack 16.4kg
    it was a great day to be on the water thanks for reading

Cheers scott
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	108477   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	108476   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	108478  
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: At the cathedrals 23/4/15

well done mate cracker aj....how was the current out there

Nice shirt M8.

Good one mate nice ambo.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    well done mate cracker aj....how was the current out there
    Cheers rosco. Mate the current was good drifted at 1.5knots and held bottom with a 8ounce lead also hit bottom floating using a 1 ounce ball sinker. Mind you had plenty of line out 150-200m fishing in 50m deep. I was floatlining whilst bottom bashing to increase
    my chances lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gon Fishun View Post
    Nice shirt M8.
    It's a new line I'm bringing out and it's in 4d so lifelike lol

Awesome fish and thanks for the report.
    What jig did you get it on?
    I like pink keitan with big rips for the ajs.
    Lee

Quote Originally Posted by lethal View Post
    Awesome fish and thanks for the report.
    What jig did you get it on?
    I like pink keitan with big rips for the ajs.
    Lee
    Yea lethal got him on a daiwa sacrifice in blue/pink I just brought some fcl jigs and they look awesome

can't help but notice where you put that knife and accessories holder. Great idea i'll get one and swing it off the back door as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    can't help but notice where you put that knife and accessories holder. Great idea i'll get one and swing it off the back door as well...
    Mate you will just need to cut down the hooks a inch either side to make it fit.
    i use mine for all things I have used for the day.(hooks ,sinkers,lures,knifes) then when I get home just lift it out and fill with hot water to remove the salt. It works a treat
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Size:	41.5 KB 
ID:	108480   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	41.3 KB 
ID:	108481  
    Last edited by Jsmfun; 24-04-2015 at 06:39 AM. Reason: Photo

Thats bloody awesome. I always end up with broken leaders, leaders i'm finished with, plastics and jig heads lying around the back bait board and they give my mate the shits. This is a great idea JSM, my mates will be stoked to get the bait board back. With the Cruise craft bait board it will be good to get the knives, pliers and scissors out from underneath and put bait only in there. I see that the newer style bait boards from CC have an extra cross bar underneath which they use for this pocket, were not so fortunate. So again bloody cracker of an idea. Can't wait to show it off to the boys on the next trip...