Thread: Sunshine Coast Inshore 15-4-2015 to 16-4-2015

Sunshine Coast Inshore 15-4-2015 to 16-4-2015

Headed up the sunny coast with the old man Wednesday, with the plan to do a overnight fish inshore. We arrived at Mooloolaba harbour at about 12 midday, after a quick launch we set off to our first spot. We started our first drift and almost as soon as we dropped our lines down I hooked a good sized Grassie which was soon followed by two good Red Throut and a couple of undersize fish.

Seeing as it was starting to get late we headed for our next spot to get set up for the night. Once we arrived at our spot we dropped down our baits and the old man hooked up straight away which was soon followed by me, this continued for about 3 hours before the action completely shut down.
    We stuck it out through the night for no reward, so we decided to go for a sleep and then head north in the early morning. We woke up at about 3 and headed north to our next spot. After a couple of drifts we found there wasn’t much about, we moved on to our next spot which we have had a lot of success at in the past.

After being reefed several times we landed two amberjackthat were around 63cm, being a bit disappointed that we had travelled a fairway to our last spot and hadn’t caught much I threw the line in for the lasttime before heading home. To our surprise I came up trumps on a 12kg cobia,making it a great end for our trip.

Re: Sunshine Coast Inshore 15-4-2015 to 16-4-2015

Nice report and great eating fish to go with it
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Thats a good mixed bag mate.

Nice report,

Tony

Nice work sometimes you have to put in the miles.

Mark

nice one, pretty sure that a kingie though
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Quote Originally Posted by nathank View Post
    nice one, pretty sure that a kingie though
    Sorry I forgot to mention that the amberjacks were released, we don't like the taste of them so usually just release them. The kingy was caught earlier in the trip and went 67cm.

Some nice fillets there mate well done.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Some nice fillets there mate well done.
    Cheers mate. Yeah we ended up with between 8-9kg of boneless fillets.