Thread: New way to tie FG knot

New way to tie FG knot

Some of you have probably seen this way, a lot simpler than the way I was shown.
    http://www.fishcrack.com/fishing-101...braid-to-mono/

TMC

Re: New way to tie FG knot

I thought this version was even better. Same knot different name.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Same same but different

Like that version just chips.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Problem I've had with most of these methods is they're great when you're sitting in front of the telly, but when you have to tie it in the field, or wading waist deep on a flat then most of them fall over.
    The added difficulty also is for those using thin diameter braids and leader - that makes some of these methods even harder.

I recently bought a knotting tool called a "system stick", made by Siyouei http://www.plat.co.jp/shop/catalog/p...6/siyouei.html

Designed to assist with tying on the job. There are other ways to secure the tag end, and I used to tie it to a loop on my shirt just to secure it whilst tying the braids, then just cut it off when I needed to start half-hitching. The tool really helps when you need to pull the braids up tight to lock the knot, especially in the stuff under PE3.
    With a bit of practice the entire knot can be done in 2-3 minutes standing in waist deep water.

Thanks Mad cat,

Been using the Fg knot for few years now and thats the best way by far!

Makes the FG one of the most simply braid knots possible now. Its by far the best knot for braid to mono. Ive tested most of them and FG wins hands down. No longer need to tie Bimini and waist 2m of braid with each one.
    Cheers

No I've learnt to tie the FG knot a couple of ways we will have to see which way is easier while rocking around in a boat. Might be quite different than practicing in the pergola.

Just adding a video here of a version of the wraps that i use now to speed them up. Have a look, any feedback appreciated.
    cheers
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"