Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Easter 1770

Easter 1770

G'day lads, ive been on here for a while and thought it was about time I put a post up. Made the call at Easter to head up to 1770 instead of flogging the old grounds around moreton and the sunny coast. Loaded my mates haines on sat arvo and left the coast by 2pm. Boat in the water by 730 full of fuel, ice and a few cool treats to pass the time on the way out. The plan was to anchor in behind Fitzroy/Lamond area and head east, North East in the morning chasing Reds.

Day 1. First marks looked promising but after the first few drops we knew we would have a hard time with the tax man. We pulled a couple of school sized reds and a few good sized trout from the larger pinnacles in the area and after a few drifts the box was starting to look respectable but after bringing up a couple of halfa fish and losing a lot of gear we decided to make a move. Once the Sharks found where we were they weren't just taking our fish but also our baits. So we headed further east in search of new ground and it wasn't long before we find a good looking bit of ground. First couple of drops we pull a nice red and a couple of good size trout but after dropping not one but two xos fish the place seemed to shut down a bit. The call was made to head back in to Fitzroy for a cook up and a few more ales. Can't beat fresh red emporer with a bit of s&p only an hour or so old!!

Day 2. With 7 good sized trout already in the box we decided to try and get our bag before heading back to the ramp. We drifted around the 18 to 30m mark around Fitzroy and lamont slowly putting a couple in the box and keeping a few of the larger red throat. Pulled the pin around lunch and headed in stopping at the barcoola wreck on the way back to have some fun on the ajs. Landed a couple of smaller models but got smoked 2 or 3 times so pulled the pin. Got back to the sunny coast about 9pm with not quite our bag of reds and trout but pretty close and a cracking trip with equally good weather. I was pretty stoked to find out my mate had the Tuesday off work and by the time I got to his place in the afternoon the boat and gear was washed and all that was left was to fIllet the fish. Happy days!! Heading back up to agnes at the end of the month. Can't wait!!!
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	94.1 KB 
ID:	108402   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	108401   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	108400   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	108398   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	70.9 KB 
ID:	108397  

Click image for larger version. 

Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	108396  

Re: Easter 1770

Great work I cant wait to get back up there and bag a few myself.

Luv your work!

Cheers for the report, I just sent it to my decky that bailed, on me and went to fraser that weekend.

Great stuff fellas. Its always hard to see the odd red get taken by the tax man.

Nice work,how many km's did you;s do for how much fuel? The reason I ask is that I am getting a 150 yamy fitted to mine. Thanks guys.

Very envious! Well done..

Look like you made the most of it and had a great weekend.

Thanks for posting Barry.

A few beers and some quality fish to bring home makes the next trip all the more welcome - well done!
    Cheers

Trev

Give him heaps mate Make sure you send him bananas report as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dougi View Post
    Nice work,how many km's did you;s do for how much fuel? The reason I ask is that I am getting a 150 yamy fitted to mine. Thanks guys.
    we did roughly 250ks for the the trip. We've been allowing about 1nm per litre and it seems to be on the money. Unless of course wayno puts the throttle down. We did 30+ knots all the way home and I'm sure that would chew a bit more.

Nice report there mate, good stuff

Some good fish there ,got to be happy with that well done.
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Great stuff fellas. Its always hard to see the odd red get taken by the tax man.
    yeah mate very hard to bear. It was a welcome addition to the bbq
    later that day though. Can't beat a fresh half fillet between two bits of bread!

Well done guys...we fished a similar trip & couldn't get away from sharks as well.Only 1 red made our box out of our 60 bag...I think I recall seeing your boat in the lagoon,i thought we were in for a real thumping when that front hit at 2am.

Good report fella's.It is certinaly gods country up there.
    They say you never stop learning,on that I fished with Keith (banana)up there a while ago now and took interest in his idea of not
    throwing any fish frames or even washing the blood off the deck where you are fishing.
    His theory is it keeps the sharks away,it worked as we didn't see a single fish lost or sharked for the entire trip.
    Cheers, Mick.