Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Easter 1770

Re: Easter 1770

The sharks in exmouth WA are that bad they hoan in on your outboard sound and follow you all day ...
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

[QUOTE=soulfish;1585348]Well done guys...we fished a similar trip & couldn't get away from sharks as well.Only 1 red made our box out of our 60 bag...I think I recall seeing your boat in the lagoon,i thought we were in for a real thumping when that front hit at 2am.[/QUOTE

good to see you blokes got your bag. I woke to water dripping on my face from a loose bolt as that storm went through. I was pretty happy when it fizzed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougi View Post
    Nice work,how many km's did you;s do for how much fuel? The reason I ask is that I am getting a 150 yamy fitted to mine. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by outwide1 View Post
    Good report fella's.It is certinaly gods country up there.
    They say you never stop learning,on that I fished with Keith (banana)up there a while ago now and took interest in his idea of not
    throwing any fish frames or even washing the blood off the deck where you are fishing.
    His theory is it keeps the sharks away,it worked as we didn't see a single fish lost or sharked for the entire trip.
    Cheers, Mick.
    We made sure that no frames went in the drink while we fished but there was probably blood and what not washing around. I think I might have to keep it all a bit cleaner next time and see how we go.

Mate I usually keep a spare bucket on the floor for all frames and scrap baits and I never wash the blood into the water unless I'm going to do a good 5-10ks. Just asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Mate I usually keep a spare bucket on the floor for all frames and scrap baits and I never wash the blood into the water unless I'm going to do a good 5-10ks. Just asking for trouble.
    Bloody hell Moejoes, what are you doing!! You wonder why we are getting sharked, you throwing everything over & washing the deck down every 5 minutes!!!

Oh, I remember those words well!! LOL

Beaker

We fillet and release all our hussar and have never had a problem with sharks up there except for around Sykes. We do bleed all our fish into a box and only empty it at the end of a drift or when moving else where so that probably helps keeps them away.

But I have seen some big sharks up there, we had a 3m tiger circling us for a bit one day and had another as big as the boat which is 5m, eye ball us on the surface and disappear as quick as it came.

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    I could've sworn that bucket was used for something else........
    Tony is scared for life and still requires counselling

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    Bloody hell Moejoes, what are you doing!! You wonder why we are getting sharked, you throwing everything over & washing the deck down every 5 minutes!!!

Oh, I remember those words well!! LOL

Beaker
    You remember those words?
    All I heard was " Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla, Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla, Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla, Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla Bla "
    Nothing worse than having blood & guts baking on your tub all day long

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    I could've sworn that bucket was used for something else........
    Tony is scared for life and still requires counselling
    I am still having nightmares seeing what that bucket was used for.............

We got to see that bucket being used also......

don't hyjack a good thread guys with shit talk...

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    We got to see that bucket being used also......

Are you OK???????

Leave him alone Tony.
    He's trying to be the mature one here 😄