Thread: GCGFC Garmin Blue Marlin Classic 2015

GCGFC Garmin Blue Marlin Classic 2015

I fished with team 'Grinner' during the 2015 GCGFC Garmin Blue Marlin Classic held on 11th & 12th April out of the Southport Yacht Club. Fishing on Day 1 was nothing short of horrendous. With 20-30 knots of SE wind rain and plenty of sea and swell. The conditions caused injury to both boats and fisherman. We saw very little on Day 1 with only a half hearted shot from a small Billfish on the shot gun. Only 8 Marlin were tagged on Day 1 and a 19kg Wahoo captured by the 38 boats competing.
    Day 2 was much kinder with only a15knots which faded out during the day. Fish also came on the chew a little better with 12 Marlin tagged, 1 Blue Marlin and 7 Mahi Mahi weighed. On board 'Grinner' we found a fish early and tagged a nice approx. 130kg Blue Marlin which was a first for Kyle and happened to eat the smallest lure in the spread on the only stand-up outfit. A little later in the day we found another fish which again ate the lure on the stand-up outfit. This was a much better fish over 200kg, however, after 20 min and most of the fight gone out of the Marlin the hooks simply pulled out.
    We also weighed a 169.2kg Blue Marlin for the boys on 'Gods Hands' which won the capture section of the Tournament. Zeus took out Champion Boat, Ever Willing 2nd and the boys on Lucky Strike 3rd on count back all with 2 fish.
    It was a good Tournament and well run once again by the GCGFC.

Re: GCGFC Garmin Blue Marlin Classic 2015

Time to go Vimeo Leigh to get away from stupid Youtube!

My favourite short rigger colour as well I learnt from you guys, Jase and Owen!