Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Giddy Up finally back in action... Bring on 2015!!

Re: Giddy Up finally back in action... Bring on 2015!!

Quote Originally Posted by Moejoes View Post
    Don't feel left out boys.
    I too haven't had a return invite on Giddyup....
    I had a return invite........

Quote Originally Posted by Bull01 View Post
    I had a return invite........
    thats because your weren't a dick!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    What do you reckon made the biggest difference with the ride? What did you do?

Smithy it's been a nightmare but at the end of the day after taking the boat back to Noosacat after trying everything I could with props, engine heights, splash plate, pod height changes etc.... I moved over 100kgs of batteries from under the skippers and co pilots chairs as well as remove another 100kg in suspension seats. So a decent weight change to put more weight at the rear. After we moved all the weight we still had cavitation issues!!!!!! So Wayne lifted the engines 2 holes and changed the gearboxes on the outboards around and changes the engines from a toe in of 50mm to neutral (no toe it at all)............ Problem solved no more cavitation!! Still can't believe it... Not only does the boat not cavitate it also rides flatter and walks a little less. Different boat!!! I've only had it out a couple of times over Easter and need to do an overnighter and also test it in some slop but so far so good. I think changing the gearboxes around was a big difference...

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    thats because your weren't a dick!
    I can try harder next time!

50mm toe in sounds like a lot. Was that overall or on each engine? Has the economy changed by any noticeable amount?

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    50mm toe in sounds like a lot. Was that overall or on each engine? Has the economy changed by any noticeable amount?
    that was overall Scotty.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    I'm not sure bananna understands the concept of economy. By memory he has 1000 litres on board, & he's looking at ways to increase it??

Like I said in a previous post you weird, tropical fruit, you don't need more capacity, JUST SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black View Post
    I'm not sure bananna understands the concept of economy. By memory he has 1000 litres on board, & he's looking at ways to increase it??

Like I said in a previous post you weird, tropical fruit, you don't need more capacity, JUST SLOW DOWN!!!!!!!! LOL
    beaker

just remember that I don't go 10ks offshore in an 8mtr sailfish with a 150k tow vehicle to chase hussar. I fish 100-160ks out and the crew usually don't mind chipping in an extra $50 each for fuel especially when they save half a day travelling..... I forget your old and possibly one day I too will think 40knotts is warp speed but presently at my age its normal. You should chuck out a lure everywhere you go if you are to continue driving at 6 knotts.

40 knots, you need bigger engines Keith

beaker

just remember that I don't go 10ks offshore in an 8mtr sailfish with a 150k tow vehicle to chase hussar. I fish 100-160ks out and the crew usually don't mind chipping in an extra $50 each for fuel especially when they save half a day travelling..... I forget your old and possibly one day I too will think 40knotts is warp speed but presently at my age its normal. You should chuck out a lure everywhere you go if you are to continue driving at 6 knotts.
    Yes mate, the average run we do is only 80km from the bar, but don't forget, I am only running 150's, not 300's

Also, if you can give me a mark for hussar 10km from the bar, I'd really appreciate it. Juna sits on about 35kn, so she's not doing too bad, for a girl!!

Tried the lure thing Easter Monday, limping back at 8-10 for 60km, without a touch. And what would we catch?? Spanish?? We feed them to the dogs mate, although I do remember pulling on board Giddy Up a spanish about 7kg which had the fillets removed before I knew it for red baits!! LOL

i just wanted to be the 70th post
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

make that 71st or is it 72nd
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

72nd or 73rd it doesn't matter mick... Either way your now on team moejoes for life.

Beaker, just remember that just because you go 80k's out to chase hussar it doesn't mean that they arnt 10k's out from Noosa. And my fuel consumption per k may be higher than yours but my fuel consumption per kilo of fillets is far better I would only assume??

72nd or 73rd it doesn't matter mick... Either way your now on team moejoes for life.

Beaker, just remember that just because you go 80k's out to chase hussar it doesn't mean that they arnt 10k's out from Noosa. And my fuel consumption per k may be higher than yours but my fuel consumption per kilo of fillets is far better I would only assume??
    Yes banana, I cannot argue that point, but at least I had the courtesy of having a plumbed, flushing toilet installed so as to not cause months of counselling & therapy for the poor victims on your boat who are constantly subjected to a horrific vision of you dumping in a bucket, quite proudly, in front of them

Mick, what have you done to Keithstar!!!!!!!!