Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Navara NP300

New Navara NP300

Went for a look and test ride in the new Navara NP300 today.Very impressed.The dealer had one factory demo.I did not drive it but seems to be more refined and is very quiet in the cabin.2.3 litre twin turbo,7 speed auto,coil sprung rear end and a bigger higher appearance similiar to the Ranger/BT50.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: New Navara NP300

What deler was that with the demo in store?

3 litre to 2.5 now 2.3, what's next 1.8 then 1.6, almost makes me wish I never sold my d22.

Any indication on price?

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Any indication on price?
    No prices yet...also rear diff lock standard on some models.

Quote Originally Posted by creat View Post
    3 litre to 2.5 now 2.3, what's next 1.8 then 1.6, almost makes me wish I never sold my d22.

a smaller engine makes lower emissions and lower fuel ratings when at minimal weight and not towing
    none of my mates buying sedans for the family anymore a dual cab ute ot 4x4 seems to be the go these days

If that one had NSW Rego it was parked at Springwood KFC last Friday lunch time. The twin Turbo 2.3 should be a pearler if it's anywhere near the twin Turbo 2.0 VW, but the Amarok is hard to get past with the new pricing....
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Quote Originally Posted by Giveitacrack View Post
    Went for a look and test ride in the new Navara NP300 today.Very impressed.The dealer had one factory demo.I did not drive it but seems to be more refined and is very quiet in the cabin.2.3 litre twin turbo,7 speed auto,coil sprung rear end and a bigger higher appearance similiar to the Ranger/BT50.
    Still a D40 underneath. No thanks.

The coil-sprung rear end is going to make this one stand out ... or possibly fail :-)
    The 2.3 TD doesn't really worry me. All the modern diesels are highly strung anyway. At least the fuel use and power should be good - as per the Amarok.

Yoot - is it really still a D40? Different engine, transmission, suspension, body ... what is carried over from the D40?

The coil sprung rear certainly is interesting. Might be the first ute you can de rate the springs and fit airbags to so you get a decent ride empty but the chassis doesn't fold up when you pump up the airbags for towing. Personally not a fan of small capacity diesels but the proof will be in the pudding. As with any new toy, it won't take long to find out if they break when you play rough with them.

I believe it also has an independent rear end option, which could make it the best riding of the Utes. With the Falcon and the Commodore on the chopping block, it's going to be hard to find something that rides as well and performs reasonably.

Yoot, I believe the NP300 has the same wheel nuts as the D40, that is about the only similarity.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by chisel View Post
    The coil-sprung rear end is going to make this one stand out ... or possibly fail :-)
    The 2.3 TD doesn't really worry me. All the modern diesels are highly strung anyway. At least the fuel use and power should be good - as per the Amarok.

Yoot - is it really still a D40? Different engine, transmission, suspension, body ... what is carried over from the D40?
    Take a d40, remove body, place down new body. Done. Ok new drive train. But still. Even Mercedes is using it for their ute.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The coil sprung rear certainly is interesting. Might be the first ute you can de rate the springs and fit airbags to so you get a decent ride empty but the chassis doesn't fold up when you pump up the airbags for towing. Personally not a fan of small capacity diesels but the proof will be in the pudding. As with any new toy, it won't take long to find out if they break when you play rough with them.
    Yes it will because there is no steel body and roof to brace it and the chassis is identical to previous designs. Plus it's tow rating is increased magically so now you can break it with air as sooner than ever.

I'm all for high capacities but the race to 3500kg is just retarded as most Utes are not strong enough to take such a large laid and tow at the same time let alone with modification.

Bigger is better in this regard and only the traditional wagons and the old 70series Utes and Patrol Utes are close enough to handling their max capacities.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    I believe it also has an independent rear end option, which could make it the best riding of the Utes. With the Falcon and the Commodore on the chopping block, it's going to be hard to find something that rides as well and performs reasonably.

Yoot, I believe the NP300 has the same wheel nuts as the D40, that is about the only similarity.

I'd say the IRS is to cater to those that have moved from sedans over to the trendy twin cab market,in theory it should give a good ride much better than the leaf spring option anyway........Proberbly a pretty smart move from Nissan really as most of the latte ute drivers with their 20'' wheels and low profile tyres will want to jump all over it.

I'm surprised they seemed to have dropped the Diesel v6 from the line up it would have made for a good compromise ute with the IRS etc.......Theres definatly a market for the bitumen warrior twincab.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Dan, I've been a Holden/Ford Ute owner/driver for many years. I drive 200ks a day, and like to tow my boat when I need to or carry a bit of gear for work when I need to. My VE SS has 315,000k's on it now and I need to think about changing over. With the Holden/Ford option going away, it is difficult to find something that will do what I want to do in comfort. I don't drink Latte. With the price drop of the Amarok, it is a contender, but I want a long ute bed so I can fit 6' rods in there and paddles, and my shade tent, can't do that with a dual cab. Amarok has a single cab, but it is dearer than the dual cab, can't figure out why yet, but it is. Colorado do an Xtra cab, but the bed is still pretty short. Ford/Mazda look good but the auto gearbox is still seen as suspect. Isuzu doesn't have the grunt or the ride I'd like. New Tojo is due soon and hopefully will have a better engine option. I guess at $45K another SS is an option, comfortable, economic, plenty of grunt, but I'd like the option of two diffs so I can go back to fishing the river with my punt, and I can't launch with a 2wd since the 2011 floods. A new Hilux, the size of a Ranger, in a Single Cab 4WD, with rear coils and the 4.5 V8 out of the 70 series and the 200 series 6 speed Auto, for under $50k, that's all I need.
    Dale