Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Navara NP300

Re: New Navara NP300

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Went for another run in a NP300 - but this time an ST-X ........ loved it !

Nice ride ...... so I ended up ordering one - just waiting on an ETA and Canopy options

Chris
    Did you notice the coils?

Quote Originally Posted by YOOT View Post
    Did you notice the coils?
    certainly did ...... without a load it just felt like any other SUV
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

This definitely sums up the Navara accurately - exactly my observations over the last ten years and I've a had a few Navs (not any more though!)

I just sat in an NP300 ST-X and there is not enough headroom for a 6'2" bloke because of the sun-roof. May have to wait for the new Hi-Lux.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

He's got some great views, and being an engineer actually knows what he's talking about when it comes to capacities and loads. Check out the ribbing he gives the Hilux, while I am a fan of the Big T (not an issue to report to date from one of their cars in our fleet) I think he hits the nail on the head about them all.

However if you are not towing (like our business) then much of the reasons to choose the top three is irrelevant, reliability and spare parts rein supreme and thus in there lies the secret tot Hilux.

I recommend the tow capacity video, a common pissing contest among vehicles and their owners, often total BS.

I got a rude shock on Thursday when I went to order a v6 TD navara to be told they sold out 3 months ago...bugga

went for a ride in the new stx but got the typical salesman dribble when I asked whats it like with 3 tonn on the back...oh it will do it FFS!!!
    Garry

Retired Honda Master Tech

Yoot, where is the tow capacity video plz
    Garry

Spaniard King, check car sales.com.au. There are hundreds of new V6 Navara 550s for sale. There was a yard full of them at the Bribie Island turn-off.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Been driving the NP300 ST-X for a few days now ....... it's a big change from the jeep & reminds me a lot of driving a Toyota Prado (with a bit more poke). It's certainly economical with figures of low 8's (lt's / 100km) over a mix of suburban and highway driving. So far so good
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Ended up picking up a Second hand STX 550 V6 Navara top of the range with every bell and whistle with just 25000 klm on it even got a Silver one .. absolutely stoked with the performance towing 2.8T even gets 100klm better economy per tank driving around with 800kg of tools in the back. The NP300 wouldn't have come close to a 550
    Garry

Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard_King View Post
    Ended up picking up a Second hand STX 550 V6 Navara top of the range with every bell and whistle with just 25000 klm on it even got a Silver one .. absolutely stoked with the performance towing 2.8T even gets 100klm better economy per tank driving around with 800kg of tools in the back. The NP300 wouldn't have come close to a 550
    You know how much I bagged my last Navara, and yet stupidly went out and bought a new STX 550. Well I will be the first person to put my hand up and say they fixed all the problems I had. I have only knocked up 30000k so far in the 2 (or is it 3?) years that I have owned it, and it has not missed a beat yet, knock on wood. What pleases me most, is all the little shitty things that broke on my last STX are now fixed with improved design, just simple things like the cup holder is now screwed in not held in using little moulded plastic bits that break. The steering wheel is still rubbish, all the leather has worn through already!!!

The ford ranger was the second choice when I bought the STX-550. I cant remember why I went with the nissan now, but given they have dropped the v6 diesel I wont go down the navara path again. The one thing I learned from the 2.4l diesel, is they will tow ok, but they are screaming their ring out on the highway. The ford will possibly be my next car, unless we start seeing the Tundra/F250/Ram appear from the dealers in Australia.

Come Oct - I'll get to see if the NP300 is much chop with a trip from Sydney to Cairns - towing around 1500kgs of boat & camping gear .
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Looking forward to updates on this as I quite like it!