Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Navara NP300

Re: New Navara NP300

I did close to 100,000klms in my work Amarok before handing it back and it spent almost half its life on unsealed roads and tracks with sometimes a trailer full of gear behind it as well with no problems at all. Towing the boat presented no problems either and with my son having the now superseded Navara, we were able to compare these two.. the result was the Amarok wiped the floor with the Navara, pulling power it left the Nissan for dead.. Fuel economy was heaps better with the Amarok also by about 20%... Resale on the Amarok was crap so now have a SV6 ute and it tows the boat better than both and originally wary with two wheel drive on some boat ramps soon discovered that my worries were unfounded..

How does Toyota get through emissions with the v8 diesel, if Nissan can't get the v6 through or are they canning the v8?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    I'd say the IRS is to cater to those that have moved from sedans over to the trendy twin cab market,in theory it should give a good ride much better than the leaf spring option anyway........Proberbly a pretty smart move from Nissan really as most of the latte ute drivers with their 20'' wheels and low profile tyres will want to jump all over it.

I'm surprised they seemed to have dropped the Diesel v6 from the line up it would have made for a good compromise ute with the IRS etc.......Theres definatly a market for the bitumen warrior twincab.

Dan
    Emissions. V6 had to go and it wasn't their engine it was a Renault engine so if the drop it both the Nav and Jeep GC lose it.

I took a NP300 (ST) for a drive this afternoon ....... nice . It's more car like than the others (similar to the Amarok) . The acceleration was great - a little lag but winds up quickly..... the 7 speed auto had seamless gear changes.

I certainly liked the interior and it's ergonomics .... it's the pick of all the duel cab utes by far . well finished that's for sure .
    The ST-X with leather , sunroof , sat nav etc for around $60K on the road makes for pretty good value - specially when they throw in the tow pack , nudgebar , windshields & bonnet protector ......... the best part of $10K cheaper than the Amarok Ultimate.

Oh & 20K (12 month) service intervals makes it even more compelling .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Thats not a bad price for all inclusive.
    Interested to know why the 5cylinder Ranger is only 7kw more powerful at 147kW v's Navara 140kW
    Didn't really want to go with a cruiser but not given much choice nowadays.
    Will be in the market later this year

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    Thats not a bad price for all inclusive.
    Interested to know why the 5cylinder Ranger is only 7kw more powerful at 147kW v's Navara 140kW
    Didn't really want to go with a cruiser but not given much choice nowadays.
    Will be in the market later this year
    I'm guessing its the twin turbo in the NP300 that is making the difference . It really did get up and boogie (nice note too)

I was surprised at the price ...... they gave me a price indication over the phone a couple of weeks back which got me interested - then when we priced it all up today I was quite amazed ($2K worth of extras for free if ordered before the end of June) .

$62224 driveaway ... (incl premium paint , window tinting , paint & leather protection , tow pack , roof bars , windshields , bonnet / light protectors ,nudge bar , all weather mats)
    I thought that was damn good for a ST-X .....

I'm just waiting on a delivery date now !

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The power may be similar but the low down torque will be different. That doesn't mean that it wont be any good though courtesy of the 7 speed box, much the same as the Amarok's. The smaller motor will rely on rpm and gearing to get going same as always

Do you recon the NP300 would tow a 6.25m (or even 685) cruise craft up Fraser?

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    The power may be similar but the low down torque will be different. That doesn't mean that it wont be any good though courtesy of the 7 speed box, much the same as the Amarok's. The smaller motor will rely on rpm and gearing to get going same as always
    Like I said earlier, to get any useful power out of the smaller engine they are screaming their guts out, hence the reason I bought the 3l v6 navara. My boat is not heavy (only 1.2t gross) but the wind-age makes it shit to tow.

I am in the US at the moment, and the Tundra is looking like a real good vehicle. ITs not as massive as the american utes, but its not far behind. From what I can gather by looking at them they run a v8 diesel.

From the photo I reckon the Ranger trumps the Navara in looks, though the 6 speed in the Navara is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    Like I said earlier, to get any useful power out of the smaller engine they are screaming their guts out, hence the reason I bought the 3l v6 navara. My boat is not heavy (only 1.2t gross) but the wind-age makes it shit to tow.

I am in the US at the moment, and the Tundra is looking like a real good vehicle. ITs not as massive as the american utes, but its not far behind. From what I can gather by looking at them they run a v8 diesel.
    Andy

the Nissan Titan and the Toyota Tundra will be running the V8 Cummins in 2016

at this stage there it is not on our product plan to have the engine here in 2016, however murmurs with a local badge above. Previously mentioned may see them here.

Will more than likely be like the RAM product and if you want to purchase you will need to talk to the badge on front of the ute it comes in and not us at Cummins
    Cheers

Steven

Quote Originally Posted by Almako View Post
    From the photo I reckon the Ranger trumps the Navara in looks, though the 6 speed in the Navara is a plus.

Ranger or NP300 is a close contest ..... externally - they are the two best looking .... I could live with either . Internally the Navara is way out ahead - very SUV like ...... it's leaps and bounds over the Ford with better finish & ergonomics. not to mention looks . The tiny display unit of the ford is just horrible .
    A good car spoiled internally .

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

The update Ranger has addressed that awful centre dash setup. Nice big touch screen with sync2 with a totally different layout.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    The update Ranger has addressed that awful centre dash setup. Nice big touch screen with sync2 with a totally different layout.
    it is better ..... but still looks horrible and very cheap
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Went for another run in a NP300 - but this time an ST-X ........ loved it !

Nice ride ...... so I ended up ordering one - just waiting on an ETA and Canopy options

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO