Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Navara NP300

Re: New Navara NP300

The problem with the V6 Diesel was it's only a seller in Aus. Nissan are not even offering a Diesel in the new Patrol range. The Titan gets a 5 litre Cummins in the States, but its a bit bigger.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

I wasn't knocking you Dale.....just an observasion on the New navara......not knocking it either but I think they have aimed directly at a specific market with the IRS version anyway......It's a good call on their behalf as it will sway a lot of people toward the Navara which wouldn't have considred it before.

315,000 from a Holden is pretty good going.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

You can't break the 6.0lt motor Dan. Apart from filters and tyres, all I've replaced is a set of disc pads at 240,000 and the inlet tube broke off the radiator and 260,000. Its use by date has to be up soon. How do Spark Plugs and leads last for 300,000k's, or the fan belt? Amazing.
    Dale

Don't forget about the V6 diesel totally. Nissan may realise there is market there and may offer it in a series 2.I sort of had that impression anyway. The coil sprung arse end will be standard on some models and an option on others.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    I'd say the IRS is to cater to those that have moved from sedans over to the trendy twin cab market,in theory it should give a good ride much better than the leaf spring option anyway........Proberbly a pretty smart move from Nissan really as most of the latte ute drivers with their 20'' wheels and low profile tyres will want to jump all over it.

I'm surprised they seemed to have dropped the Diesel v6 from the line up it would have made for a good compromise ute with the IRS etc.......Theres definatly a market for the bitumen warrior twincab.

Dan

The v6 was sourced from Renault and has been dropped because it doesn't meet the emission requirements. Nissan say it won't be back.
    Dale

Quote Originally Posted by aussiebasser View Post
    The v6 was sourced from Renault and has been dropped because it doesn't meet the emission requirements. Nissan say it won't be back.
    Yep, Dale's right. It would not meet new Euro Emission standards. The only place you might see it is in the more underdeveloped nations, and not necessarily in a Nissan or a Renault.... Unless of course someone spends a shipload of money redesigning & redeveloping it.
    Cheers
    Brendon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep your right the V9X will not meet the new emission standards.

I'm keen to look into the NP300 s ..... I have no issues with a smaller motor (twin turbo) as I was keen on the Amarok . Amarok is a pretty decent car to drive shame about the reliability / build quality & service of VW in OZ .

Hate the interior of the Ranger which is probably the class leader atm - the NP300 ST-X looks pretty pretty smick but the price will be pretty high once you fit the extras's ..... it could literally run into the mid $70K mark

chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

That would be comparable to the Ranger Wildtrak and the Amarok Ultimate Chris, which is a fair chunk of change for a ute. I'm almost sold on the Amarok Core.
    Dale

I just read the reviews on the Nissan site all three @140kw and 450nm it's not very spectacular but will do the job.......All of the reviewers had a whinge about the steering saying it takes forever to do anything comparing it to a ship.

Yeah it's nothing special............I have a feeling the Hilux will be along the same path when it's released later this year..........supposedly August.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Wouldnt take much research on the VW service back up and number of issues on Amarok to put a line through it. I had hoped for something good in the new Hilux but from the little I have seen it looks pretty much run of the mill and not ground breaking but see if the Toyota safe smarts get put into it for nothing. The new Ranger upgrade model finally addressed the awful dash and now looks great. Still the flagship at the moment. Just cracked the 100,000 km in my PX ranger without any issues but I will be looking at a LC200 or Y62 for the next wagon. Its been a good ute but.

AS I discovered with these lightweigh motors (and I had the 2.4) is they just cant tow anything. As soon as you add in a bit of wind resistance they are screaming their guts out trying to keep up highways speeds.

The Navara 3L v6 was much better, and its what I currently have. But even then, it could really do with more torque. Its a shame the dual cab cruiser doesn't come with the old straight 6. The cruiser is likely to be my next vehicle.

I want the Tundra with the 4.5L twin turbo diesel. That would be a good dual cab ute. Unfortunately at the moment Toyota don't seem to agree. I had hoped for a larger diesel in the upcoming Hilux but alas......

The Americans would love the 4.5 too, but like most of our Diesels it won't meet their emission specs.
    Dale

That would be comparable to the Ranger Wildtrak and the Amarok Ultimate Chris, which is a fair chunk of change for a ute. I'm almost sold on the Amarok Core.
    your right .... all the high spec ones will run well into the 70's if you fit a canopy , tow pack & bull bar .

Nearly bought a Amarok Canyon last year - nice ..... the Dark Label looks pretty good too (the local dealer has them for about $61K drive away) - I've got a couple of months to decide & so I'll wait to have a drive of the Nissan before deciding.
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO