Thread: Sunshine Macks

Sunshine Macks

Shot up to Sunshine from Mooloolaba on Monday morning chasing mac's. Towed dead baits around and caught 2 nice Spanish, and a nice spot, all before 7am, when the crowd arrived from the noosa bar. Best Spanish went 45lb. Got to be happy with that.

Thanks
    Rob
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1529.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	108308   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1531.jpg 
Size:	65.4 KB 
ID:	108310   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1533.jpg 
Size:	61.4 KB 
ID:	108312  

Re: Sunshine Macks

got to be happy with that, swell was down from sunday off noosa

There is nothing worse than seeing someone catching fish in my boat.... At least it looks like a Yalta from the photos. Well done!
    Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gday rob they are some solid macks.do u mind if iask what pound wire your using on your stinger. As i was bitten clean thru my single strand twice on my last mack run. Cheers dane

Dane, I been gettin bitten off a bit too

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    There is nothing worse than seeing someone catching fish in my boat.... At least it looks like a Yalta from the photos. Well done!
    Scalem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank Scalem.
    Yep that's my yalta, good to get some blood in her after a quiet start to the year.

Quote Originally Posted by dc1978 View Post
    Gday rob they are some solid macks.do u mind if iask what pound wire your using on your stinger. As i was bitten clean thru my single strand twice on my last mack run. Cheers dane
    Hi mate.

We were towing dead slimies on ganged 8/0s, so obviously no wire between the hooks. We did have a wire trace, but often fish with just mono leader. Loosing gear is just part of mackrel fishing IMO. if your getting the bites, your doing the right thing.

Cheers rob. The fun of macks its forever experimental

Nice photos
    happy days ahead summer is coming