Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tackle stores in Singapore

Tackle stores in Singapore

Hi guys
    anyone know of any good tackle stores around Singapore. I heard Beach Road had some?

Re: Tackle stores in Singapore

Quote Originally Posted by sporty1 View Post
    Hi guys
    anyone know of any good tackle stores around Singapore. I heard Beach Road had some?
    Yep I've been to all of them a couple of times........Don't expect any 'Bargains"......they are a little cheaper and do have some reels that we don't get off the shelf here but all in all I was a bit disappointed really.

Once you find them on Beach Rd at the end of Arab St roughly they are pretty much all within a 10min walk of each other.......I can't remember the exact names of them but there is one double story one just off Beach Rd that had the best range.

Malaysia had better prices but less variety.........Surprisingly considering Shimano have a large manufacturing plant in Jonor Baru.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Yep I've been to all of them a couple of times........Don't expect any 'Bargains"......they are a little cheaper and do have some reels that we don't get off the shelf here but all in all I was a bit disappointed really.

Once you find them on Beach Rd at the end of Arab St roughly they are pretty much all within a 10min walk of each other.......I can't remember the exact names of them but there is one double story one just off Beach Rd that had the best range.

Malaysia had better prices but less variety.........Surprisingly considering Shimano have a large manufacturing plant in Jonor Baru.

Dan
    Thanks dan

So Dan
    does KL have better prices?

So Dan
    does KL have better prices?
    Mate I only found one store in KL and their pricing was similar to Singa's but the owner was a really friendly guy who comes here to Darwin once a year to fish..........I can't remember where or what the bloody shops' name and address is but I do have his business card somewhere i'll try and dig it up........

I'm sure there are plenty of tackle shops there in KL but it's a big city and some local knowledge would be invaluable......

Melaka also has some reasonable shops not far from Jonker St also.......Do a Google search while your there that's what I did and had no trouble coming up with stores but knowing how far away they are from where you are staying is the issue.

Getting a Taxi over there is so cheap compared to here it's sort of worth just getting them to take you directly to them once you know where you want to go.

Dan

Thanks Dan
    im going to Melaka so will check that out also?

Thanks Dan
    im going to Melaka so will check that out also?
    Where are you staying there?..........Definatly checkout Casa Del Rio hotel for accommodation.....Highly recommend it.

Dan

Staying at Sheridan but travelling to Melaka and Ipoh as well.

Staying at Sheridan but travelling to Melaka and Ipoh as well.
    Mate around Ipoh there are some freshwater lakes you can fish for Peacock Bass.........

Pretty hard to do a fishing trip unless it's a dedicated one though......I have looked into doing a 2 week trip over that way casing Peacock Bass and then over to Rompin for the Sailfish then possibly Borneo for their Black Bass.....All possible but need to do some homework on planning a trip......Cost wise it would be very reasonable........I spent 10k going to PNG after bass a few years ago for 6 days and 5k in Malaysia would give you a month over there.

Enjoy your trip mate !

Dan

Thanks Dan

I bought tackle in KL a few years back took monorail a couple of stops from huge shopping centre close to where we were staying walked up the street as instructed and found tackle nirvana walked out with $500 worth of tackle basically 1/2 price from here in Aus , bought a truck load of Owner hooks, Aussie made lures etc etc (didn't buy any rods or reels or braid) walked about 30 m up the street and found an even better shop so bought another $300 worth of gear couldn't help myself. Strangely my wife was egging me on so had to indulge her.
    AB

AB
    any idea where this shop was or what it was called?

I'll be in Singapore on 27th april for 4 days might check out the local tackle shops

Hi MM
    head to Arab street and all the tackle stores are at the Bech Road end or just around the corner. I got some lures from Lure Haven. But the others didn't have gear I was interested in.

Sorry Sporty,

cant remember but was right next door to overhead monorail, I simply just asked around till I found someone who knew where they were.
    AB