Thread: Life in Great Sandy National Park

Life in Great Sandy National Park

Went for a run up to Rainbow Beach for a stay overnite and for a look around the 4wd tracks.
    Had a look at Double Island Point, Freshwater Lake, Frankis Gulch and my favourite Searys Creek
    There was no fish in Freshwater lake that I could see when snorkeling apparently due to it drying out in drought, but there was plenty of tadpoles, crayfish and shrimp.
    Frankis Gulch had Ornate Rainbowfish but would be same as Teewah creek Noosa River strain as runs into Teewah creek
    The lower reaches of Searys creek is nice but plenty of Sandflies. I can see why it is protected
    Such a beautiful area with great wildlife above and below the water.

The Rainbowrunner
    Peter Hansler
    phansler@hotmail.com
    Click here for my webpage
    Click here for my videos

Give a man a fish, he'll eat it and fall asleep.

Teach a man to fish and he'll endanger an entire species

Re: Life in Great Sandy National Park

As always, great vid, mate.

Cuzza

Very cool, reminds me of snorkeling the Mulgrave River.

Quote Originally Posted by Meterplus View Post
    Very cool, reminds me of snorkeling the Mulgrave River.
    How far up the Mulgrave, mate? I'm assuming upstream a fair way, and in the dry? Be a great place to check out.

Cuzza

Quote Originally Posted by cuzzamundi View Post
    How far up the Mulgrave, mate? I'm assuming upstream a fair way, and in the dry? Be a great place to check out.

Cuzza
    Up from Pete's bridge, assuming we are both talking about Mulgrave South of Cairns. Great river. I have a block out there. Used to Kayak from the camp ground down to Pete's. Snorkel some of the shallower sections. Wish I had a GoPro back then. Nothing like sneaking up to a log and pearing over to find a Barra just sitting there calmly in a hole with other little fish hanging around it. Rainbowrunner You inspired me, I took the GoPro out today on a long pole and tried to get some footage of bait fish at the boat ramp but low tide was just too murky, all I got was hundreds of eyeballs pearing through the murky water.