Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: First trip to 1770

Re: First trip to 1770

Great work there mate, you did very well, that Spanish would have been a cracker...sorry I tapped the like tab twice so ignore the Disagree...
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

You can do what you described on the Furuno Shane. If you have a Furuno GPS it will talk to the sounder but what I do is this. I have my Lowrance or any brand GPS Nmea interfaced to my 585. That way I also get a speed display on my 585. I find that great for drifting. The 585 averages the speed better so you get a more accurate drift speed, not jumping all over the place like my Lowrance. Now if I go over a bump at speed I hit (Mark) on the 585, scroll the cursor where I want then hit (Mark) again and then it displays a Lat and Long on the screen. I then manually enter that into my Lowrance. The problem comes when you enter 10 marks on the Furuno. It won't let you do anymore. Then you have to do a full reboot to clear the data but you have to go in and set up all your settings again. 6 one way, half a dozen the other!

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    You can do what you described on the Furuno Shane. If you have a Furuno GPS it will talk to the sounder but what I do is this. I have my Lowrance or any brand GPS Nmea interfaced to my 585. That way I also get a speed display on my 585. I find that great for drifting. The 585 averages the speed better so you get a more accurate drift speed, not jumping all over the place like my Lowrance. Now if I go over a bump at speed I hit (Mark) on the 585, scroll the cursor where I want then hit (Mark) again and then it displays a Lat and Long on the screen. I then manually enter that into my Lowrance. The problem comes when you enter 10 marks on the Furuno. It won't let you do anymore. Then you have to do a full reboot to clear the data but you have to go in and set up all your settings again. 6 one way, half a dozen the other!
    cheers for the info mate il give that a go. i have furuno gps too.
    That was one feature on simrad that really impressed me.