Thread: Spanyids and a Schoolie on the GC

Spanyids and a Schoolie on the GC

Headed out again this morning with a couple of mates in search of a few more Mackerel. Had no joy on the 24's where I caught fish last weekend. Decided to give one of my close marks a go and it didn't disappoint. First pass slow trolling with live Yakkas resulted in a slashed bait and a Spanish Mackerel. Each pass over the spot resulted in a fish and we left them biting with 4 Spanish, best 110cm, and 1 School Mackerel in the boat. Hopefully they will stick around for a few more weeks.

Re: Spanyids and a Schoolie on the GC

Awesome, mate. What rig do you use for your livies? Wire or mono? Great result.

Cuzza

Spaniards look spactacular straight out of the water. Thanks for the vid. Ben

Great work. Very nice catch.

Cuzza, the rig is single strand wire with a single hook at the front a a trebble for a stinger.

Awesome vid mate thanks for sharing

Ausfish Silver Member

Colorado, congrats on the fish- enjoyed the vid. Thank you. Spanos - such an awesome looking fish. We tried on Sunday- the 18s 24s , down to Mermiad and Palmy- trolled X raps and dead baits/wog heads - with no luck. One lad seasick , the other slept 1/2 the time. Glad to hear someone got some.

Do you add any wieght to the rigged livies ?

Regards,

Lew

Lew, got 2 on the surface and 3 on weighted baits using a 10 ball sinker.

Great vid mate well done. Does stating the song and artist at the end keep the licencing people at you tube happy? Have had a video muted because of the soundtrack and was wondering how to get around it.

One more drop, it seems to. I have only had one video muted. I think as long as you acknowledge it and its not for profit it seems ok.

Got to love those little Spanish. Good work on the gaff .....
    Life is short fish hard!!!
    21,6 Sea Fox WA Pro ....

I got sick of Youtube doing it to me so I now put my videos on Vimeo.