Thread: 2015 daiwa saltiga 6500

2015 daiwa saltiga 6500

So I was very lucky and got to pick up the new combo
    i can not believe how smooth it is. It feels smoother than the Stella's I have.

i have spooled it with PE6. 92lb daiwa saltiga braid and matched it with a
    Wilson venom live fibre PE5-10. 450g jig spin rod looking forward to winter

i got a great deal from my local tackle shop Charlton's fishing always great service from these guys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jsmfun; 26-03-2015 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Photos
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: 2015 daiwa saltiga 6500

Very sexy bit of kit ya got there mate

M8 enjoy the reel just ensure U give it a good clean after each fishing trip with warm soapy water.

Yeah make sure you give it a good tub and oil every time and it will last a lifetime ,my 4500 saltiga has caught hundreds of fish over the last 7 yrs Iv had it and it is still strong but does have a little corrosion on the bail arm when I didn't clean it properly once but it's only cosmetic. MattImageUploadedByTapatalk1427442850.420874.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1427442866.787272.jpg
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

Thanks for the tips guys I have always used Shimano religiously and I've got a couple of older Stella's 4000,8000 but they are no where near as smooth as this.
    I asked the shop about servicing and I was told only if it makes noise's as no rubber seals all oil sealed

Mines never had a service and never sounded like it needs one and I have caught some decent kingies in 50-80 mt one after the other mate . Matt

Little bit jealous right here, great reel Jsmfun. My old Expo 6500 is a machine and is still as smooth as the day I bought it. And there is no worrying about salt water intrusion. Give it a wipe down with warm water, dry it off, give it a quick spray another wipe and back in its bag. A reel that will serve you well for years. Money well spent I think. Now I just need to pay off the new one.

Awesome looking combo bud. Please let us know how it's going into the future as I almost purchased a saltiga last year and after all the feedback I got from people I know that have them and had issues and friends that work at and own tackle stores that have sold a heap of both satigas and STELLA'S and had not much good to say about the saltiga's as they have had most of them back after only a few uses (two of them sold to one guy same day and used on one trip) then Daiwa take about three weeks to send them back and say "not warranty". They had not had any STELLA'S have any issues so I bought a SW5000XG and an SW8000HG and absolutly love them so I went and bought the FI4000XG and a FI2500. So I would be really interested in some more honest feed back from a Saltiga owner as I would still like to buy one (or two......or three ) as I still love the look of them.

PS. one thing I have noticed since forking out the big dollars for the high end gear is that it's not necessary but I am having trouble buying anything but as the high end gear is so much nicer to use and makes fishing a whole lot more enjoyable, and how would've thought that was possible

Re the above post, first hand, I can tell you about Daiwas after sales service: there is none. I got the "not warranty" on a 4500 Saltiga and 3500 Certate a few years ago. And not after 3 weeks, I think it was closer to 4 months they had the reels. The 4500 was never right after they had it and the Certates anti reverse has fail now after very little use.
    I wouldn't take another Daiwa reel if they gave me one.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Let's hope these newer models are better. I own a 4000,8000sw Stella's and a 6000 swb
    and the saltiga is smoother and quieter. Only landed 1 fish on it so far and smashed it in 5 min in 60m of water.
    I was very impressed. I also have a saltiga 40 overhead and it's my go to reel I have had it for 3 years it has landed everything from marlin to snappa.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Gr0wler View Post
    Awesome looking combo bud. Please let us know how it's going into the future as I almost purchased a saltiga last year and after all the feedback I got from people I know that have them and had issues and friends that work at and own tackle stores that have sold a heap of both satigas and STELLA'S and had not much good to say about the saltiga's as they have had most of them back after only a few uses (two of them sold to one guy same day and used on one trip) then Daiwa take about three weeks to send them back and say "not warranty". They had not had any STELLA'S have any issues so I bought a SW5000XG and an SW8000HG and absolutly love them so I went and bought the FI4000XG and a FI2500. So I would be really interested in some more honest feed back from a Saltiga owner as I would still like to buy one (or two......or three ) as I still love the look of them.

PS. one thing I have noticed since forking out the big dollars for the high end gear is that it's not necessary but I am having trouble buying anything but as the high end gear is so much nicer to use and makes fishing a whole lot more enjoyable, and how would've thought that was possible

In in all the years Iv been fishing I personally have many top end daiwa and shim and Reels and after a few shim amo deaths I turned to daiwa and have had trouble free use of these reels as do friends of mine in the charter and fishing industry ,my saltiga has been abused and caught hundreds of fish as have mine and the wife's certates old and new models . The main problems that I have heard of is bail arm rollers yet none ,again I will say none of mine have had an issue that has needed to be returned for warranty so I don't understand how you can have a problem unless it's from misuse or lack of following basic cleanliness issues but up to you . I think wide sweeping statements about daiwa said equipment is wrong and you only have to speak to people in the charter industry and they will tell you that lack of maintenance is the biggest issue with ANY top end gear ,but to each there own .. Matt

I agree with some of the above statement. Nothing will last if it's abused or neglected. I will also say that I've had a great run out of some of my Daiwa reels. But, and this is the deal breaker, when the 5hit hits the fan, Daiwa just weren't there for me, on 2 top line reels that I paid good money for. The Saltiga 4500 had done very little work. To complete my anti Daiwa/positive Shimano story, after the fiasco of the Saltiga and Certate, I sold most of my Daiwa stuff and bought Shimano. I had an issue with a 20k Stella where the handle would not wind into the body. I rang the shop where I bought it and they got the Qld Shimano rep to call me. Old mate came to my house that afternoon, picked up the reel, then rang me after an hour or so. He then delivered a new reel, functioning perfectly the next morning. That's been my only issue with any of my Shimano gear.
    So, as a result, anytime anyone asks, I will bag the 5hit out of Daiwa and praise Shimano. Which reel is a poofteenth better than the other is irrelevant.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon