Thread: yamaha 70 service

yamaha 70 service

Just got the 200hr service on the 70 yesterday and $519, sound right??

Re: yamaha 70 service

Check your bill and see what you were charged for......Bills Marine in Cairns tried to charge me for carby cleaner on my old 60hp fourstroke even though it was EFI........dipshits.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

receipt will tell us what was done
    they may have replaced a fuel filter cartridge etc
    my guys checks wheel bearings and lights in a standard service

they are all different, there is no standard service cost

if your in cairns.. your better off using private... he kinda put ads in the sat mails, i've used him afew time for my f70... great job, i even watched him in action... costed alot less.. and i mean alot less.... hate bill marines... took my renegade quintrex 490 for my first 10hrs services... left my 2 seats in there... and it came back without the 2 seats LOL... yes i know it maybe my fault... but i didnt expect that...

Why would they have taken the seats out from inside the boat mitc69. Surely there was enough room to leave them in the boat somewhere. Strange??
    Darren

A lot of boat yards service centres leave your boat out on the street even though they lock your trailer anyone can remove gear from inside your boat

ken

yeh like rodman said.. some dose leave it out in the open... however bill marine has there own outside park just for boat... you would think it'll be safe but guess not... any service yard should be responsible for such thing once you check in and handed the keys... otherwise should of been told before hand to not leave anything in there... funny thing was my rod value at 1200 wasnt taken lol.... but it was my first time to bill marine... before i had a quintrex spirit 560 with a honda motor... when i took it to honda.. always came back in one piece for last 3yrs.. when i switch to yamaha... bill marine wasnt the best first time exp.... so i've been going with private mech since 10hrs all to 200hrs before i sold it... and likewise it could of just been some jack ass who just wanted chairs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Rodman View Post
    A lot of boat yards service centres leave your boat out on the street even though they lock your trailer anyone can remove gear from inside your boat

ken
    True. I didn't look at it that way.
    Darren

Getting some good use out of it Wayno. I'm still locked down on 35hrs.
    $500ish doesnt sound too bad. I was thinking maybe $500 for my next down here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

35hr......did you buy it just to take up room in the shed?? nar all good mate, bit hard getting out with 3 kids i guess.

Sounds about right, parts will set you back around $200 - oil 38, oil filter 14, fuel filter 11, spark plugs 35, water impeller 47, gear oil and lube 18, bits and pieces 5, labour 300 plus gst and you have your 520. They would hopefully done all the right checks including the status of your batteries etc. You should have an itemized account.