Thread: Jig and popping rod for

Jig and popping rod for

Now I have been approved to buy a daiwa saltiga dogfight 8000 it will be spooled with 92lb saltiga braid and will be for big game. Heavy jigging and popping also maybe trolling for marlin on the jig rod.

My budget is around $500 for each rod I am to rough with rods to spend 1k.

my local tackle shop suggested a live fibre 450g jig rod and it feels nice I was also suggested a daiwa demon blood 802xs popping rod.

I dont know know much about Japan made rods or any other rods from outside OZ to be frank mainly just the big guys I am after suggestions as to what is and is not good .

I am not after info from people that like the look of that one or this one serious $$$ needs informed info from people that fish like this any suggestions will be looked at with enthusiasm.

cheers scott
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Re: Jig and popping rod for

Looking for a similar jig rod myself for a trip later in the year - the live fibre venom is high on my list! Getting the PE10 version. Near pulled me off my feet testing it - looking to run 100lb braid and should be a bloody nice rod to use.... Sneaky fisho has deep jig 400 tcurve on special at the moment as a cheaper option - solid near unbreakable rods - check Daintree boy's vids smashing bull sharks/lemon sharks around Weipa on one.

I have the venom 350g jig rod. It's the best bit of kit I've ever bought. I have a 6500 saltiga on it and run 80lb sun line pe. The 450 should be fantastic with the new dogfight. Good luck.

Personally, I wouldn't want to jig with a Dogfight. It's high speed retrieve will make any jig over 150g feel like a brick.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

Quote Originally Posted by FisHard View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't want to jig with a Dogfight. It's high speed retrieve will make any jig over 150g feel like a brick.
    The new dogfight comes in 2 speeds a h/s 144cm per crank and the low speed that still has a 114cm crank. I'm going the lower ratio for that reason and who needs a meter and a half per wind
    happy days ahead summer is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmfun View Post
    The new dogfight comes in 2 speeds a h/s 144cm per crank and the low speed that still has a 114cm crank. I'm going the lower ratio for that reason and who needs a meter and a half per wind
    Ahh, I stand corrected! Did you get my text re the rod?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon