Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado owners.... question

Colorado owners.... question

I have 2013 Collie space cab. For as long as I can remember it has had a vibration coming from the rear end.

It starts at 93 kph and continues.

It is NOT wheel balance. It does NOT come through the steering wheel.

It does shake the passengers seat and gear stick.

It actually feels like the rear end is wiggling side to side, rather than an up and down motion.

I have had new EFS springs and shockies fitted at 30,000.... it now has 80,000k's.

I have had 3 different types of tyres and rims fitted... no difference.

There is no way of determining what the issue is without going through the motions... that is... next step...balance the tail shaft.

Just wanting to know if any other Collie owners have had similar issues ?

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Re: Colorado owners.... question

When you had the shocks and springs fitted did you lift it as well. I know you suspect the rear end but I had a similar result from a 2 inch lift in a Navara. The car was fine with the front hubs unlocked but vibrated at anything over 80 with them locked in. Other than that check the suspension bushes.

No Scott, no lift on the Collie and all suspension parts are good.

LP

I had a commodore that had a vibration noise coming from the front end that started at 80km/p with no vibration through the steering wheel. It took many mechanics to work out it was a wheel bearing.

Quote Originally Posted by scottar View Post
    When you had the shocks and springs fitted did you lift it as well. I know you suspect the rear end but I had a similar result from a 2 inch lift in a Navara. The car was fine with the front hubs unlocked but vibrated at anything over 80 with them locked in. Other than that check the suspension bushes.
    Did you ever find a fix for the Navara?

Same thing with mine Phil. Funnily enough...when I went in for my first service, the chick behind the counter asked if mine had a vibration at 100kmph(she had a Colorado that did). At the time I, either didn't have it, or hadn't noticed it yet. So said "no" and didn't think anything more of it. After a while I did notice it, more so the passenger seat shaking. Mine has done 40,000 now. Last service when I took it in for I rattled off a few things that I wanted them to look at but failed to mention the vibration. Before I finished, the bloke behind the desk said "we cant play with the passenger seat wobble yet, holden are working on a warranty fix for that". So I assume its widespread. Other than that, I am wrapped with how its going-apart from the bloody drivers side door speaker getting a "buzz" with even the smallest bit of bass. Something must have fallen off it, as there is something rolling around inside the door cavity.
    Last edited by jeffo; 15-03-2015 at 06:09 AM.

One of our civil subbies at work had the same problem Phill. The dealer actually refunded his purchase price.( Hard to believe ,I know ).
    When he first took his ute back to the dealer , they told him to go for a test drive in another couple of Collies , they were the same.
    Only last week our concreter told us his ute did the same thing.
    Shawn

Just did a quick Google search on this Phill and there seems to be a lot of Colorado owners with the same issue's and Holden seems to have no real answers to the vibration issues.

We are looking into getting a new dual cab for the missus in the near future and are pretty keen on the Colorado....it will be interesting to find out what the issue is.

Good luck,Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Dan, I am really happy with my dual cab Colorado! 2 years old now and I have no regrets with my purchase. The vibration isn't bad enough that it annoys me on the highway.I got the impression from the dealer at my last service that Holden are aware of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darren J View Post
    Did you ever find a fix for the Navara?
    A diff drop would have fixed it but I decided to trade it on a 200 Series. I was never too concerned as any 4wd work it did was under 80kph. As soon as I hit the black top I unlocked the hubs.

I haven't had any rattles in mine. It's been awesome.

Phill have you found the answer yet? As I am going to do my suspension on my dmax because the rear is stuffed after 30,000 km and I am not wrapped that I have to fix it maybe as Isuzu are going to look at it after Easter and assess it for warranty ,but in my search for new suspension evry forum I read is telling me i MAY need wedges in th rear suspension depending on drive shaft angles after suspension work . Apparently it's more prolific on manuals as they have a 2 piece tail shaft maybe that might be something to look at .. Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

rangers get it too when lifted, it is usually fixed by spacing down the centre bearing or just flipping it over and bolting it back in

I haven't had any vibration issues with mine. At 15k service though they were very keen to replace the rear leaf suspension because it had a little squeak. I wonder if that could be connected in any way?

My mate had a vibration between 100-110 on his 2012 from new. He replaced his wheels and tyres with aftermarket and it seemed to go away.

Darren

Darren

I haven't found the answer yet Matt.

mech says we will have to go through a process of elimination. He did mention the gear box, tail shaft angle thing, although I have had a lift kit, it does sit a lot higher with the EFS suspension.

I have tried aftermarket tyres and wheels..... same issue.

cheers