Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colorado owners.... question

Re: Colorado owners.... question

Phil.
    The D-Max has a high rise model from showroom. 2 in(ish) lift built in.
    Mine has. it sits nice and no problems.
    Holden should? have the same.

Check spare parts No's, for Hi Rise underpinnings no's.
    see if anything different from standard part No's.

Might give you a lead.
    Shims. extra/different size bushing. Wedges.
    Nolathane over rubber?. Harder, not so much sag and quieter.
    I'd go there b4 replacing parts.

There is a kit avail on Ebay that stiffens up rear end and stops the rolling into corners.
    extended roll bar linkages. sort of.
    $175. Could help,
    (I have link) looks interesting., and quite neat too.

thinking about one just for extra stability when I have tinny on roof.
    Or cage with spare. fuel. panel etc up there.

the new colorado's are crap, hence the reason you see bugger all of them on the road, big mistake going away from the isuzu base

Haines, I am yet to find an owner of a 2012 or newer colorado who is unhappy with it. Or a 2008 plus for that matter!

I've been travelling oz for over 6 months towing 2.8 tonne and it is wanting more. There are lots and lots of them on the road. I'm In mackay now and they are everywhere. Your argument has no substance.

Darren

I disagree, you see way more rangers, hilux, tritons, bt-50's etc than colorado's, they are a pile of garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    I haven't found the answer yet Matt.

mech says we will have to go through a process of elimination. He did mention the gear box, tail shaft angle thing, although I have had a lift kit, it does sit a lot higher with the EFS suspension.

I have tried aftermarket tyres and wheels..... same issue.

cheers
    Hi Phil,
    My last Landcruiser 200 Series had a similar vibration problem that would only happen when doing about 110kms per hour.
    Sometimes it would be bad. Noticed it at 20,000 kms & took til 60,000 for Toyota to diagnose.
    Turned out to be a faulty injector. I know not the same cars but maybe worth a thought.

I have another 2012 -200 series Landcruiser up for sale in the next month or 2 if anyone's interested.

Thanks Rob.

Well the Collie goes in to get some " wedges " tomorrow. These wedges are to re-align the tail shaft. Mech has done some research, as have I and found this to be a problem when the Collies are raised. Not a big deal and should be an easy fix. We are going to try the 2 and 3 degree ones.

My Collie has now done 85,000k's without missing beat and pulling my 2 ton boat all over the shop.

Next offroad trip is to Fraser in early May.

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Sounds like it's going well Phil 85,000k would give you a good understanding of the vehicle.........They might not be that "crap' after all mate...

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Ausfish Platinum Member gr hilly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Phill This is a common problem,and as the Colorado does more klms it does get worse, it is a well known problem how often have you been on the beach.? cheers G Hilly

Phil, the design of universal joints mean that the output shaft on the Gearbox and the input shaft on the Differential must run in the same plain (plane?). That means they must be parallel, even if one is higher than the other. Those wedges will be put in to rectify a slight angle difference caused by the suspension lift.
    Dale

I fish because the little voices in my head tell me to

Thanks for the thread Phil. I had this prob with a new Jackaroo in '99 never resolved. Many people couldn't feel it. I could. Since had a 2007 Rodeo and 2010 Colorado all good!
    I have the 2014 model Collie with extra power and it's a beast, a great 4wd as well.Never had any issues
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Quote Originally Posted by gr hilly View Post
    Phill This is a common problem,and as the Colorado does more klms it does get worse, it is a well known problem how often have you been on the beach.? cheers G Hilly
    Only been on the beach a couple of times, which is quite unusual for me

I had the 3 degree wedges installed a little while ago. No difference. The Collie is booked into Holden again to go over the rear end thoroughly and I asked them to pay attention to the rear axle / diff / bearings etc, as I am 100% sure the vibration is side to side and not up and down.

Update next week.

cheers LP

OK, seems I am getting fobbed off.

Holden say the bearings are all " within tolerence ".

They further stated the problem is " radial roll out ", which is apparently my tyres.

Problem there is I have had 4 different sets of tyres ( on three different wheel types ) and still the vibration is there and getting worse.

I have penned a letter to Holden explaining the situation and asked for suggestions , but mainly asking if they know what the issue is or not !

stand by

LP

I asked Scott if he has a problem with his, and he said he hadn't noticed anything like that, and his is the same model (or maybe a tiny bit older) he did have the suspension recall thing done, but has never noticed any vibrations at those speeds.

^^^this, $2 billion development (twice the ranger) and not only did they produce a turd of a ute, but now it's totally dangerous and can't be sold. Among other recalls already sent out. What the hell did they spend that money on?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk