Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1770 easter

Re: 1770 easter

Quote Originally Posted by bannana View Post
    Fitzs lagoon raft up on the Friday night???
    Sounds like a plan stan. Broomfield sat night?

Fitzs lagoon raft up on the Friday night???
    Yep sounds good cant wait to get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Sounds like a plan stan. Broomfield sat night?
    Mate I wish I seen this before the PM.

I recon if we stayed out two nights there would be an over bagging problem (easters always a good time to fish up there) and to add to that the misses would be wild if I left her and the kids at the camp grounds for 3 days while Im out on the reef..lol otherwise hell yeah Broomy sat night!!!.. the weather would need to be good thou and no chance of a storm like previous years. If the wind swings around you can be left exposed.

Fitzroy has that storm protection that we need when having a few beer and trying to relax. Looking forward to the Friday night session all ready....Lock me in.

Also the snapper and pearlies are pretty thick up there on the 100mtr line going of previous years out from one tree and sykes so its only a close run from fitzsroy.

getting pumped but still don't have my boat back..........soon i hope

I recon if we stayed out two nights there would be an over bagging problem (easters always a good time to fish up there) and to add to that the misses would be wild if I left her and the kids at the camp grounds for 3 days while Im out on the reef..lol otherwise hell yeah Broomy sat night!!!.. the weather would need to be good thou and no chance of a storm like previous years. If the wind swings around you can be left exposed.

Fitzroy has that storm protection that we need when having a few beer and trying to relax. Looking forward to the Friday night session all ready....Lock me in.

Also the snapper and pearlies are pretty thick up there on the 100mtr line going of previous years out from one tree and sykes so its only a close run from fitzsroy.

Ask rosco, ive never had an issue bagging out on fish. :-) great point about the storms, just have to keep a good eye on the weather.

Quote Originally Posted by JulianDeMarchi View Post
    Ask rosco, ive never had an issue bagging out on fish. :-) great point about the storms, just have to keep a good eye on the weather.

A couple of years ago at Easter a 40knotter came threw on a 5knott forecast and caught out about 40 boats with anchor ropes snapping or dragging and boats hitting each other. I was out getting a few nannies at 11pm when it came threw and I headed back to the lagoon in serious shit!!!....I would of hated to be anchored anywhere else and woke up to that.. The forecast was perfect.

The same happened 3 years ago at hamilton island but it was 60 knots. I was supposed to be on a charter boat with my son but at the last minute he wanted to go the next day. the weather was 0 knots and forcasted perfect but a couple of hrs into the trip a 60 knotter turned the boat upside down and killed one of the passengers. It does happen and quite regularly.

Be cautious this time of year.

well the easter bunny is early this year and has given me a MEGA TWIN 1000 combo..... what a good rabbit ....harharhar.......
    ...........GOOD THINGS COME TO THOSE WHO BAIT.........

I now have a decky locked in and am keen for a raft up Friday night, we just need someone to chase this cyclone away and we'll be laughing.

I'd better find all my fishing gear this weekend and start the boat up.

You never know Ur luck up there Julian this trip might be the one u smash the fish.just don't take tim d he is an unlucky deckie.lol

Quote Originally Posted by outta line View Post
    well the easter bunny is early this year and has given me a MEGA TWIN 1000 combo..... what a good rabbit ....harharhar.......
    im bringing up some tanacom 1000s. Had a stroke of bad luck and had my appendix out in monday, so no heavy lifting for 4 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    You never know Ur luck up there Julian this trip might be the one u smash the fish.just don't take tim d he is an unlucky deckie.lol
    No tim d this time. Ill have two team c joy drinkers with me. After my last few trips ive found some good ground so i have high hopes, even without starting my training with you yet.

What are you talking about Mick???
    I haven't dropped it off yet
    Have you checked your emails?
    Hope your Japanese is fluent

just had a look ....looks good ....so just the box and manual thats different have you got a photo copier at work??.....is that the lanyard with the clip on it?

just had a look ....looks good ....so just the box and manual thats different have you got a photo copier at work??.....is that the lanyard with the clip on it?
    Yes correct.
    Call me at home

I'll ring you tomorrow mate

Sounds like you'll be jet skiing it this year Bannana
    Can you carry enough fuel to do Broomie?