Thread: Swag camper trailers? Any good?

Swag camper trailers? Any good?

Hey boys now i need some opinions on swag camper trailers are they any good? They are based at acacia ridge in brisbane. How are the tents? experiences with them? Appreciate any feedback as long as its honest. thanks guys

Re: Swag camper trailers? Any good?

Come on boys surely theres someone or you know someone who has one of these camper trailers? Just want to find out before i purchase, i guess no bad news is good news then. cheers

j man, go and visit the camper trailer forum my swag.

Plenty of info on there about all types of things related to camper trailers.

Cheers

Paul

Mate, had a look at them with Steve (Apollo) today at the camping show at Maryborough, Steve is looking to buy a camper trailer at some time soon. There were several makes of camper trailers that use chineese tents on either chineese trailers or Aussie made to a budget. PM Apollo as he had a more detailed look at them but he did say that they seemed good value for money.

Mark

thanks guys appreciate it

Yeah mate. as Mark said we looked at a lot of different ones yesterday. Swag camper were there and they are a tent that uses aussie canvas, but are sewn up in China (his words - they cost $180 to get them sewn there or $1200 here). The trailer is built here. I would have put them as being one of the better value for money and are on my list to consider.

Steve

j man,

Have a look at the Camel as well, http://www.camelcampers.com.au/ made in Brisbane also.

I have gpt the Camel Bushman, just can't go past the quality and good local back up.

Cheers

Paul

[QUOTE=j_man_84;1307915]Hey boys now i need some opinions on swag camper trailers are they any good? They are based at acacia ridge in brisbane. How are the tents? experiences with them? Appreciate any feedback as long as its honest. thanks guys[/QUO

I purchased a Swag Camper Trailer in 2013 and was very disappointed in it's quality. I posted my opinion about the trailer on this website but have taken it down due to threats of legal action for defamation from Swag's Lawyers. I was so unhappy with my Swag camper that I brought legal proceedings in QCAT who agreed "the camper was not of acceptable quality. The camper was not free from defects and it lacked durability." On page 11 of the decision, the QCAT Adjudicator states "...I am satisfied that there is sufficient evidence to form the opinion, on the balance of probability, that the camper possessed a number of defects and was not durable. The defects raised by the applicant were items that were easily identified without requiring expert knowledge in the design and manufacture of camper trailers. The complaints raised in relation to the inferior workmanship and quality of materials used was not strongly challenged by the respondant (Swag Camper Trailers).....Jim Bundren (from Swag) admitted under cross examination that " with Chinese trailers, there's always a problem with them of some description.... We still have those sorts of problems with the trailers."
    If you are considering purchasing a Swag Camper Trailer, I encourage you to read the entire QCAT decision, especially pages 11 and 12 and draw your own conclusions.
    Last edited by richandpam; 20-02-2016 at 05:40 PM. Reason: Threat Of Legal Action